Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (md4e, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
438008 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#218249 - 04/15/08 06:59 AM Realizing my limitations
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Last night I was kind of manic and only slept about 3 hours. I started off to work this morning a 20 minute drive and about 5 minutes into it I was dazing off and kind of out of it. Although I felt the need to make it to work and to be the good employee I realized that my chances of getting into a wreck were greatly increased since I could not stay focused on the road. I turned around and came home then called work to let them know I would be out. I feel guilty for taking time off but I know that I was a danger on the road and getting in a wreck or crashing off the side of the road is worse than calling in and taking care of myself as well as the safety of others on the road. I still have to go to town today but hopefully I sill be able to get some sleep between now and 2:00pm.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#218271 - 04/15/08 09:58 AM Re: Realizing my limitations [Re: GateKPR4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ricky,

I think you did a very sensible and healthy thing when you turned around and came home. We so often have this temptation to minimize how terribly we have been harmed and how great the emotional consequences can be. We seem to have this temptation to tough it out and "suck it up" - more guy macho nonsense of course.

But hey, look at it this way. If you had fallen and broken your leg would you have dragged yourself to your car and gone to work? No way! You would take time off and attend to your injury; healing would be your priority. I think we have to do the same when recovery issues confront us. Clearly you were in no condition to go to work, so you recognized the fact and acted accordingly. Good for you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.