Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (Robert Barrett, Bluedogone, bluesky, Hopein14, pufferfish, Rich1967), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441807 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#21816 - 09/19/04 02:35 AM Question?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I was responding to something in another forum, and something just occured to me. Is it an abuser thing, to isolate the victims? Like, in a family abuse situation, to not allow the wife or children friends, things like that? I was thinking of how I never was allowed to play with other kids while my father was still with us. And after he left us, well, by then it was harder to make friends. Was that him, doing something deliberate, to isolate me? My mom, she was not allowed friends either, to visit with people. It just come to my head, is this a normal thing, that he had done?

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#21817 - 09/19/04 03:03 AM Re: Question?
lee75 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: utah
thats how my family life was. my mom married two assholes and they both did this.
i have always heard about the isolation. it makes it easier to instill beliefs.
they use it in brainwashing and internment camps. they military uses it when they do bootcamp.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.