Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (stalle, Logan), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447936 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#218625 - 04/16/08 08:43 PM Re: Unexpected…Responses [Re: Calanthe]
Calanthe Offline
New Here

Loc: California
Update #3

Hi All,

First, I want to thank everyone for their support it means a lot.

Second, I just got done with my telephone meeting with the representatives of the Mormon Church and it went better than I thought and yet quite different than I expected.

First they made clear to me that they thought what had happened to me was unconscionable and they even apologized ((lol) I know that may not sound like much but I never really expected them to take this seriously). I did not expect them to respond at all; I excepted them to ignore it or cover it up.

We were both pretty frank and I said I was looking to accomplish two things one to stop this predator and two to receive some kind of financial recognition for my damages. They in turn said quite frankly that while the church felt some finical responsibility they were not the men who would determine that; they are the men who are responsible for preparing church action against this my abuser. They asked if I would be will to speak to a church court (the Mormon Church holds courts to determine whether or not to excommunicate members).

So basically as it stands now the Mormon Church is preparing to take the strongest action against this man that is within their power. Of course as my attorney pointed out that is not nearly enough and one hand he is right and I agree. But on the other hand I did not expect the Mormon Church to take any action, nor did I expect a prominent church leader to offer his apologies and sympathy to me (in a sincere way..dont worry I know that is not enough and talk is cheap but it is a start)

Now I have an appointment to meet with these Mormon leaders in person the first of June. I still have some considering to do before that day and I may choose not go through with it. Again my attorney (just so you know he is giving me suggestions not representing me as counsel) is concerned they are really looking for ways to discredit me and that is something I am going to have to feel out. But the truth is if they want to discredit me they don’t need to see me in person just do a couple of internet searches and they can get enough dirt on me to discredit me all they want.

Oh well this is my update, over all I am pleased with the out come of the meeting. I got some real validation from the Mormon Church on what happened to me and they appear to be taking it seriously (which is a surprise to me). The final settlement is still in the future but at least for now we are communicating and they are planning on taking action against this man. I am amazed. Oh and one of the highest leaders in the Church is aware of my case. He read my letter and assigned these men to take action.

So yeah right now I happy with were this is going but I will continue to keep you all posted on my process.

Thanks again for being here,

Scott

And given the choice I will save my ass first everytime(STC)

#218626 - 04/16/08 08:58 PM Re: Unexpected…Responses [Re: Calanthe]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Scott I think that is amazing. Even if nothing else happens and I am sure it will this is really something different. Perhaps all the publicity over the catholic priests is putting some pressure on them to kill the publicity. I would look for some kind of document that states you agree not to go public with this. Good luck

#218658 - 04/16/08 11:59 PM Re: Unexpected…Responses [Re: Freedom49]
grover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tennessee
make them pay for therapy.

#218722 - 04/17/08 10:45 AM Re: Unexpected…Responses [Re: Calanthe]
mike5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I'm so glad that you've gotten a response and that people are validating your experiences! A couple weeks ago I sent a letter to the director of the summer camp where I was abused in the 70s. Just got a response yesterday. Turns out that the perp died in the 80s.

Mike

#218764 - 04/17/08 02:16 PM Re: Unexpected…Responses [Re: mike5]
Magoo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: far, far away
Good for you Scott! Glad to hear that. I commend you for your bravery.
Take no prisoners, show no mercy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.