Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (wild_turky, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63434 Topics
443440 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#217634 - 04/12/08 06:24 PM Rent Soundtrack
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Was listening to music this morning and the song from rent came up "Will I?"

If you haven't heard it (or seen the play) it is a group of HIV+ men and women - they sing the following lyrics:

Will I lose my dignity?
Will Someone Care?
Will I wake tomorrow
From this nightmare?

It is sung as fugue, starting with one voice and growing to a full chorus.

I was struck by the fact that, like here, so many had the same questions - and that by being toghether, they were able to come together and support one another.

Thank you all for all the support you give.

love you
Dan

Marge Simpson

#217640 - 04/12/08 06:59 PM Re: Rent Soundtrack [Re: dannym]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
i love that show. it is actually closing/closed on broadway which makes me sad. that musical came out in 96? i think. so it was in full swing while i was in high school. it was one of the ways i rebelled in highschool. haha writing the lyrics on my note books. like "to faggots lezzies dykes, crossdressers, too. la vie bohiem." but the music is really great. i also dig the message of the show. if you rent the dvd of it they have the "making of RENT" which was really well done. went into jonathans larsons life, and death. really inspiration. i recomend it.

#217688 - 04/12/08 10:35 PM Re: Rent Soundtrack [Re: Jarrad]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
Jarrad they have extended it out till I believe September rather then closing June 1.

RENT is one of my favorite shows. The music, all the music is so powerful. The message is not just for those with HIV it can be and for me related to any, all life stuggles.

All time fav. show is Les Miz, which I will be see again in June. Message and music are very powerful in it as well. Great story!

Dan, thanks for sharing.

In harmony,
Troy

#217698 - 04/12/08 11:13 PM Re: Rent Soundtrack [Re: TNuss]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
les mes is good. ive seen that a couple of times and of course have the soundtrack. i go through phases. im all about one musical for a while then i shift. i had a cabaret phase too. i love the story of that one. im currently on a hedwig and the angry inch kick. (hense the avatar picture.) best show i have seen on stage tho, has got to be blood brothers. i didnt know anything about the show and randomly got tickets for it in london. (i had seen everything else that was playing and had one extra night.) so i took a chance and i was blown away by it. the music isnt that great. like i wouldnt want to listen to the sountrack over and over but it was really moving and unexpecting.

#217723 - 04/13/08 01:13 AM Re: Rent Soundtrack [Re: Jarrad]
Magoo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: far, far away
Thanks for your warm thoughts, Dan.. I feel welcomed.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.