Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
9 registered (aniceguy, don64, JW1230, focusedbody, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63855 Topics
445874 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#217586 - 04/12/08 02:47 PM The Trip...
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Made it to NJ ok last night. Was insanely anxious, nervous, and worked up. Went to Target to get a few things we needed and I ended up blowing 94 bucks on other things to occupy my mind!!!

My sister and my friend Kevin (Same Kevin from my Letter to the one perp I posted awhile back) went to TGIFriday's for a bit. I was good, and even though I really really wanted a drink only had coke. So anyway. After a bunch of small talk I did finally share with him about my past. He was shocked, but then proceeded to ask all sorts of really really good questions. I think I might try to remember some of them and post them along with my answers. They were really well thought out questions, which most likely comes from his work as a reporter for a newspaper. So that was my night. Was a good night!

Got to my parents today around 10 or so. Chilled for awhile, small talk here and there. Lots of children running around, then right around 12 my sister started packing up the kids to take them to all see Nim's Island (I think that's how you spell it). So they left, and me and my wife and my parents sat there, continuing the small talk and chit chat, as I got more and more nervous. My father finally asked what was on my mind, seeing that I was off in space somewhere. So things went down.

I read my letter.

When I was done reading my letter I looked around and they both were just kinda in a state of shock I think. After a short moment or two, my mom came over and gave me a hug and said those motherly things that mothers say. Letting me know that she loves me, and if she had known she would have done something. Then I got up and went and gave my dad a hug (he's 87 and doesn't get around all that well, so it was far easier for me to get up than him). I sat next to him and he put his arm around me. I was a little boy again. Just sitting with my dad. My head resting on his chest while he held me. (Something I don't ever remember him doing in my life). He said much the same things my mom did. Adding that if he had known he would have broken a few necks. :-) Was good. After a bit my mom sat on my other side. I was sandwiched in the middle between my parents while we talked a bit. They asked questions here and there trying to figure some things out. They know there was more than one. Which is more than I initially planned to say. They also know that at least one was female.

All in all it went very very well. I think I feel more loved by my parents right now than I ever remembered feeling in my life. My mom recognizes that after my sisters death when I was 8 she was in quite a state of nothingness, just going through the motions of making sure our physical needs were met, but in her own grief missed our emotional needs. She's of course asking various questions as she of course feels responsible for not seeing things or not knowing.

Good trip. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and everything! It's wonderful to know that I have a family here as well. It's good for so many to make me feel so loved, and so safe.

Thank you all again!

If ya got any questions, feel free to fire away \:\)

Edited by JustScott (04/12/08 02:48 PM)

#217590 - 04/12/08 02:58 PM Re: The Trip... [Re: JustScott]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Scott,

So glad it went well for you... hope the rest of the weekend fares as well as it has up till now...

~Bri

#217602 - 04/12/08 04:06 PM Re: The Trip... [Re: frost]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Scott,

Bravo! I'm so glad this went well for you. I'm sure your parents were shocked, and it sounds like you got the reaction that Little Scott needed.

Your comment about your Dad made me smile. When I told my Dad (also elderly), his first question was, "Is he still alive?" When I said no, his comment was, "There's number one checked of the list." \:\) Little Larry felt so protected.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#217609 - 04/12/08 04:42 PM Re: The Trip... [Re: roadrunner]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Scott, Congratulations.

so glad your parents gave you what you needed. I told my parents several years ago and I experienced the same emotions - total love and protection.

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes - I'm sorry you went through what you did... I'm sorry they had to hear about their baby being hurt.. but I am so glad you have your family and their support.

love
Dan

Marge Simpson

#217625 - 04/12/08 05:53 PM Re: The Trip... [Re: dannym]
grover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tennessee
Yea Scott!!!!!!!!! Yea Parental units!!!!!! Yea wife!!!!!! Yea Sis!!!!!!

#217654 - 04/12/08 08:26 PM Re: The Trip... [Re: grover]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Great outcome Scott, I love it.

Tears of happiness for you

Mike

#217682 - 04/12/08 10:15 PM Re: The Trip... [Re: mogigo]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Scott

I am so glad your outcome was so positive. I have yet to get the nerve to open up to my family about my CSA. I am so not wanting the outcome to be that of splitting up the family, But I really think that is what is going to happen.

But, again so happy for you.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#217687 - 04/12/08 10:35 PM Re: The Trip... [Re: KENKEN]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I'm so happy for you!! I got choked up reading about it- maybe it doesn't change what happened to you, but just being able to tell, and feel safe and loved; i'm so glad you could do this before it was too late...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#217724 - 04/13/08 01:26 AM Re: The Trip... [Re: dgoods]
Magoo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: far, far away
Scott,

I commend you for your bravery and courage, I know it tokk alot!
I'm happy you opened that door to freedom.

I have yet to do it. My parents are gone so I'm thinking about telling my kids.

Peace,
M

#217737 - 04/13/08 03:24 AM Re: The Trip... [Re: Magoo]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
THATS FRIKKIN SWEET!

Sorry sometimes I feel the need to be a typical college student. \:\)

SO ITS WICKED FRIKKING SWEET

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.