Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
4 registered (tbkkfile, CheerfulJohn, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64016 Topics
446761 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#216471 - 04/08/08 10:01 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Jarrad]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I've run across stuff on PBS that's wrong for kids to be filmed in.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#216514 - 04/08/08 12:27 PM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Jarrad]
Jordan Offline
New Here

Loc: Kenosha, WI
I agree, definitely.

I would be lying to say that the entire scene in Hard Candy where he is tied to the table, I was somewhat envious that I wasn't Ellen Page. I think that's why I can't really watch these movies. I'm not entirely sure what some of my triggers are and I definitely am still working on how to deal with myself when it comes up.

I find consolation a lot more in music, movies are just always too real for me.

I usually avoid all of these movies when I go to Blockbuster and pick up indies like the big nerd I am, maybe I need to sit one out and think about it after. Any suggestions for one not so intense to start out with?

#217499 - 04/12/08 01:23 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Jarrad]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
i just finished watching for a lost soldier. wow. foriegn films can get away with much more graphic scenes. really interesting actually. i think almost that the implied scenes that american films have are much more "triggery" because your mind fills in the blank. but, for a lost soldier is not for those who are affected by watching scenes of abuse. was a good film

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.