Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
6 registered (tbkkfile, unhappycamper, Scott1962, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63794 Topics
445496 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#217390 - 04/11/08 05:22 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Darren]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think all us can say, we have meet some 'Spiritual' atheists, and some 'Heathen' Christians. Even as I am a member of an organized religion, I do not believe in God because it is what I was taught to do, or because of what I read in a book. And for anyone who preach about an angry or judging God, I do not believe of that. I believe that God make each our spirits, and know very much what way we are oriented, and how we will believe and act in our lives. We are all created in that way, and why would God create someone that He is going to judge and turn away against? It make no point to me.

And as for me, I believe in God because most the time, I greatly feel Him, and when I speak to Him, I feel heard. It just make sense to me that way. But that is not speaking for no one else but me.

Andrei

#217427 - 04/11/08 08:22 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: WalkingSouth]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Originally Posted By: walkingsouth
Originally Posted By: blueshift
I think we would probably all agree that atheists can be spiritual too.

Indeed we can. Spirituality does not necessarily mean one is spiritual with, to, or for a given religion, organized or not. One definition is "Of, or relating to the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things."

I think that pretty much covers the issue you speak of, blueshift, but it goes beyond that as well. To me it also has a meaning of being kind, loving, caring, etc., and possessing within one's heart and mind a sense of the greater purpose of humanity and the universe than just living only for oneself.

I'm going to assume you didn't intend what it sounds as if you are implying here...it's ok. I say things too that come across the wrong way because of the wording I use, but I do hope that you weren't actually saying that my concept of spirituality does not cover that which you mentioned in the last paragraph, because if you were, then it would seem my business to ask why you would assume such a thing about me. But I'm sure it was just a poor choice of wording creating an unintentional implication.

#217431 - 04/11/08 08:46 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: blueshift]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Blue,

No, I was not intending to imply that and don't believe I did, but if the jury says my wording was such that it came across thusly, I'll bow to their judgment and offer to all, and especially you, my humble apology. It definitely was not my intent. My intent was quite the opposite.

The written word used as conversation lacks certain verbal and visual clues that would adequately convey a person's meaning. Lacking those clues, it is even more important for those using this medium of communication to be crystal clear in their communication. Apparently I failed on this one. Thanks for pointing it out.

#217454 - 04/11/08 10:07 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: WalkingSouth]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Well,I won't argue about whether the implication was made by the wording or not...the only issue for me is whether it was intentional or not, and since it wasn't, there's no harm done.
And if in fact I was being unreasonable in my hearing that implication, then let me be the one to apologize.

#217481 - 04/12/08 12:13 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: blueshift]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
maxshame,

I can tell you for certain, your opinion is man-made.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#217505 - 04/12/08 01:48 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Darren]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Darren
My Christian friend told me that faith really is the key; if you don't have faith, you can't have a belief in God. But isn't faith just hope, and isn't hope just a gamble, a guess? I can't live my life based on a guess.

I have been on my own quest for documents that supports the understanding I have within me.

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 01:09 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#217514 - 04/12/08 04:56 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Darren]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Darren
The de>

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 01:08 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#217552 - 04/12/08 11:42 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: dking777]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I THINK I"M GOING TO BE SICK

IF ...IF...IF there was a god why would he allow such horror and catastrophic tragedies go on and on and on and on in this world and yet nothing whatsoever is done until........until it's to late then "you" hear the famous line " i didn't see that or this coming"

Give me a break....i'm not so sure anymore if there is a god i am to fuckin pissed at him right now and have been for awhile although i do have my days that i think i believe yet i have other days X happens and i revert back to survival of self.

Who knows maybe this is one of "those" days.

Coop

PS: please dont tell me now i am not entitled to my opinion or have the choice to use my voice.

#217553 - 04/12/08 11:45 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: thecoopstah]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
If there is no God, then how can one be angry with Him? I never understood why people say this. How can one be angry with what they believe or suspect to be non-existent?

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#217981 - 04/14/08 03:10 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: dking777]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
My friend, I also grew up in a Catholic upbringing and I can relate to what you're saying entirely. You say that, the ideals of what is "evil" and what is not is closely judged by all of those Christian "cultists" or however you see it. I can relate and I understand what your talking about.

This is not a knock on any religion. However, some religious followers tend to put labels on people. Some of these individuals are affraid of stirring up the dirt on the bottom of the stream. If an issue that comes about causes them to question their faith and their own character, some tend to shun it and pass judgement on the person who brings forth the issue, thus, writing the person off and getting themselves out of the equation. It's an easy way out, instead of dealing with whatever potential issues they may have within themselves.

It would be stereotypical to look at someone of the Christian faith as someone who would judge you and follow these horrible behaviors. However, a lot of them (not just Christians in particular) do tend to follow suite for fear of being judged as buying into the Devil's works and questioning whether or not the issue of homosexuality is an argument of "good and evil", or just an issue that a person goes through.

The fact is, that you are going through that issue. You are who you are. You may be homosexual, you may not. If you believe in God, one would think that God made you that way for a reason. Those individuals are in no position to judge you. They are not the God you speak of. Not to get too political on this standpoint, but my perspective is that, whatever God is watching me in life, would respect what I'm going through and would not judge me through others. What goes on between God is between me and God. If, judgement day comes, I don't think I'd see a bunch of other religious "preachers" sitting next to him or her like a jury telling God, "you should toss this one to the hounds of hell".

It sounds as if those that have judged you have multiple insecurities of their own and are running from them by hiding behind a banner that says, "I speak for God".

Just some food for thought. It is your choice what you make of it.

Much love,
Jason

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.