Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (myrlin, Bennett, bluesky), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#217420 - 04/11/08 07:35 PM 10 things you love, 10 things you hate.
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
It's occured to me lately that a site such as this--even more than most discussion sites could use more of people getting to know each other. So as part of the solution I want to introduce the topic of ten things you love and ten things you hate. You might want to be carefull with the hate part,..if it's something that might offend someone, maybe pick something else you hate, and you don't necessarily have to have ten, nor do they have to be at the top of your list...just think of as many as you can up to ten. I'll start.

Ten things I love.
1. My kitty cat...she has yawling fits, but she always loves me for myself.
2. Jazz..don't care for smooth jazz much, but straight jazz, or flowing ambient, acid jazz or downtempo like Theivery Corporation is sooo nice!
3. Sunshine...don't get much of it where I live, but when I do, it's a beautiful thing.
4. Sex...it's worth the problems! (usually anyway)
5. Children...don't have any which is probably why, but I would gladly give my life for any child.. any time, anywhere.
6. David Leterman. Love that show! Been a loyal fan since 1985.
7. Art.
8.Cream cheese with chopped scallion and smoked salmon on a bagel.
9.Hippies...that's right. I said it.
10.Lube!...that's right, I said it.

Ten things I hate.
1. I guess I have to count flashbacks and rape memories at the top of the list right now.
2. Spambots...fake people out to take advantage of lonely people who post personals ads...had a half hour conversation with one recently before i got hip to her being a machine.
3. Pain.
4. Business as usual....opressing the unfortunate and destroying the earth.
5.Guns...hmm...now I'm not sure..maybe guns are at the top of the list.
6.Mean people...that covers most active perps, bigots, and assh@les of all kinds....sorry mean people...i hate u.
7. Invasive advertising....life must have been more beautiful before every single thing started having some garrish advertising on it.
8.Lack of understanding for the apreciation of art and things artistic....if something is beautiful, how can you not get that, or think that beauty is less important than "practical" things?!
9. AIDS. Don't know that it's the worst disease, but I hate the way it has been used to engender hatred...and it's origins are suspicious to me.
10. Abuse of power...If only wise people had power it would rarely be used, but it seems like those who most seek it are the ones most prone to abusing it.

#217450 - 04/11/08 09:59 PM Re: 10 things you love, 10 things you hate. [Re: blueshift]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

There was something similar of this on member side a while ago, to post 'unusual' or 'you would be surprised to know' things about us. It was interesting.

10 things I love:

1. Memories of my daughter
2. My family ( includes my sister, neice, brother in law, and several friends who I consider family), and friends
3. my pet
4. reading, that take me away into another world and away of mine own
5. cooking for someone else of mine own self
6. good, emotional music
7. the grown up 'child' pajamas that a friend make for me
8. my stuffed cow, tiger, and my daughter's teddy bear
9. my work, and volunteer work
10. Learning to do new things, and traveling to new places

10 things that displease me:

1. Death. Specifically, the death of a child before their parent. Death is maybe natural, but that is not.
2. Abuse in any form, to any person, from any person
3. Mean people who do not fit into the 'abuse' response.
4. Chronic illnesses.
5. Rude or nosey people.
6. Politics
7. Prejudices. Anyone who decide what they think of another person without knowing them, that is just such ignorance by choice
8. Lasting effects of the abuses in the past
9. For most part, television. Just have never liked most all of it.
10. Seeing good people in pain.

VN

#219114 - 04/19/08 03:45 PM Re: 10 things you love, 10 things you hate. [Re: VN]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ten things I hate:

1. Reading, what includes any kind of school work. I should be again taking classes, I have not done any in some months now. I can not seem to be bothered to 'sign up' anything right now.
2. People who judge you and think they know what kind of person you are who have never even ever talk with you once. To 'know' who I am because what I look like or what I do for living, that is just stupid.
3. Most media people.
4. People who are happy with bad news and bad things happening to other people.
5. Loud or rude people, or people around me who curse a lot. It just seem not respectful.
6. People who judge you because you are younger then them, and obviously will 'understand once you're older'. Uck.
7. Being 'dumped' by someone you love \:\(
8. Death and illness that cause it
9. Sushi (there has to be something silly on here)
10. All and any kinds of abuse

Ten things I love:
1. My family, and my home (because to me, family make it 'home' and not just 'that city I come from'
2. My friends. There maybe isn't hundred of them, but the ones I have is the most importent and best ones
3. Riding a bicycle
4. Ice cream (any kind that have chunk things in it, whether it is fruit or nuts or candy, it is all good)
5. My cat (actually, all animals. They are all very honest creatures, either they like you or do not. I am just allergic to lot of them. Including my cat)
6. Traveling to new and different places, whether it is for competing or vacation (but if is for competing, it is not as you really get to see so much of it)
7. Being good at what I enjoy, and being able to earn my 'living' by doing it (at least for now)
8. Painting
9. Getting to know new people and friends. I am a very shy person really, but once someone offer themself to me, or accept me, I always enjoy to get to know them more, and get to respect and admire them more.
10. My life. My life is good. My past did some ways 'suck', some of it. But what I have now is not my past, it is my LIFE, and I am able to choose my happiness and enjoyment to make it as good it can be, and maybe even better.

andrei

#219130 - 04/19/08 05:27 PM Re: 10 things you love, 10 things you hate. [Re: ak]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
10 things i love:

1. waking up when my room is cold but i am warm under my blankets.
2. the family of quails that live in my bushes. they are so freaking cute how they run with the little feathery plume on the top of thier heads. and they always are in their family unit.
3. doing jigsaw puzzles. im really good at them.
4. the moment when my designs come together in a perfect way. where i just hang it up on the wall and say, wow, that's pretty kick ass.
5. swiss typography
6. anything old. i would love to own an old fixer upper house, restore it to its orginal state and fill it with antiques.
7. a good makeout session
8. food. i love to eat. esp going out for dinner. i have a huge sweet tooth too. people say to me "you eat like a fat man." and i so do. but i love it.
9. baths. i take at least one a day. im a big time water waster.
10. movies. i have netflix which supplies me with 3 movies a week. then i ususally hit up blockbuster inbewteen, or go to the theatre. (usually the earliest show when no one is there.) popcorn at 9am is yummy.

things i hate.
1. intolerance. of any kind.
2. black licorice
3. rootbeer
4. the smell of sink rot. (when something is stuck in my garbage disposal
5. being told to do something without a rational explaination why.
6. scorpions. been stung twice and they freak me out. i always feel like i am going to get stung.
7. raw tomatos
8. unmodivated people
9. being late (i hardly ever am, but it irks me when other people are.)
10. people getting ahead by kissing ass and not on merit.

#219257 - 04/20/08 07:21 AM Re: 10 things you love, 10 things you hate. [Re: Jarrad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Wow. Okay, here goes, but I really have no idea what will come out. Certainly they won't be in any particular order:

Things I love:

1. Family: my wife and kids, parents and sisters, and my broader family circle not related to me by blood.

2. Friends: I have many friends whom I love as if they were my brothers.

3. Bruno: I will always be a "dogs person".

4. Pennsylvania.

5. Arts and culture in general, from modern poetry to classical music to gangster movies.

6. Nature: I can sit for hours in a quiet place in a forest and just think.

7. The blues: this one has been with me since childhood.

8. Being held and made to feel special: to me this is more important than sex.

9. My academic work and writing, though my writing is beginning to develop in other directions.

10. Working with boys and young men who have got a shitty deal from life so far.

Things I hate:

1. Bigots, hypocrites and phoneys: I can get along with just about anyone so long as they are sincere with me.

2. Intolerance and religious and political extremism: the curse of the modern world.

3. Certain foods: liver and lima beans especially.

4. Baseball bats, rubber mallets, belts, bathtubs, toothbrushes, and one particular aftershave: these are continuing abuse issues I have difficulty shaking.

5. Seeing someone in pain.

6. Social workers, cops and CPS people who treat their work as "just a job".

7. The idea that someone is entitled to something automatically when everyone else has to work and struggle for it. So yes, I hate royalty and dislike posh upper-class types.

8. Paying taxes when I know the money will be misused.

9. Amusement park rides that make me feel sick (but I love roller coasters!).

10. I have trouble with people who want to win the argument rather than solve the problem.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#219283 - 04/20/08 11:15 AM Re: 10 things you love, 10 things you hate. [Re: blueshift]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Things I love
1) music - mostly blues and metal, then a mix of all sorts
2) A quiet sunny afternoon on the swing by my little waterfall
3) Helping others get through similar experiences
4) my family
5) computer games from FPS to free cell
6) woodworking
7) a cup of kona coffee in the morning when I can get it.
8) going out to eat with friends or family
9) Spending time with the few friends I have
10) going fishing off the dock at work
----------------------------------------------------
Things I hate
1)The lingering affects of what happened to me growing up
2) Having to take meds - but I know its a necessary for now
3) the 40lbs I gained on the meds
4) people that leave their dog outside barking all night
5) making a temporary fix that cost as much as the permanent one.
6) Doing work repeatedly in a round about way when there is a straight one time way of doing it (double work)
7) fried oyster, or any kind of oyster
8) when people call me only when they got a computer problem
9) not having a workshop for woodworking
10) my is so full of crap I can't move...lol "working on this one" \:\)

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.