Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443082 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#217329 - 04/11/08 12:40 PM Taxes done? Check-in here...
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
A simple yes or no will suffice, but feel free to add details, excuses, etc.

I've been procrastinating all week and have a beautifully manicured lawn (front and back), immaculately clean house, a fresh oil-change for my car, and an organized garage to show for it!

What about you?

#217349 - 04/11/08 01:49 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: Darren]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
HA! I did my taxes the day I got my W-2s! I needed the refund BAD! lol

#217351 - 04/11/08 01:56 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: Darren]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I can't say "yes" or "no" to this lol

I can only say that we shouldn't be paying an income tax in the FIRST PLACE. It's MY damned money, I worked for it, I'm the one that gets up early in the morning and works all day, it's MINE, not the omnipotent Federal Government's. The suspect constitutionality of the tax itself aside, it's just plain WRONG.

The Founding Fathers intuitively knew that direct taxation, such as this income tax, was all too easily abused by those that would be in power.

In my readings, I've come to conclude that taxation should be as INDIRECT as possible, some examples being excise, tariffs, sales taxes, etc.

The inherent beauty of this systems is that they LIMIT the scope of power of the government's ability to interfere and meddle in the affairs of our individual lives. Simply put, when they too heavily tax, say, sugar, the consumers simply stop buying as much, and the tax revenues go down as a consequence. Thus, they CAN'T tax in excess. This self-limiting principle is not thought of about much now of course, because entire generations have gone buy without even knowing what it's like to not have, for instance, this dreaded income tax.

The evil of the income tax is that, with the exception of dealing in the black market, you have NO CHOICE. What are you going to do? Not work, not feed and provide for your family? This income tax has created a cornucopia of money for this government of ours now.

It allowed them to decide what kind of health care you can have, what kind of schools your children must attend, what kinds of drugs you may buy, they pay for anti-smoking campaigns while they at the same time subsidize tobacco farmers. They're paying for basketball courts and housing and programs to manage the Brown Tree Snake population on the Island of Guam. They're paying for all sorts of wonderful things, courtesy of YOURS and MY hard earned money.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

Formertexan? Would you care to elaborate on this subject?

#217469 - 04/11/08 11:09 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: Hauser]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Yes

Federal
I owed money (it was only $36 but still) so I wasn't exactly hurrying to finish them even though you can tell them when to debit your checking account, so I finished mine in late march.

State (NJ)
New Jersey is far more liberal with the medical deductions (don't have to spend as much to start deducting), so they owed me $75, so that was filed, late January, early February

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#217476 - 04/11/08 11:49 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: onlyakid]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Hauser,

The Grace Commission back in the 80s determined that the personal federal income tax goes only to pay interest on the national debt. Why are we doing this? I didn't sign the note for this debt. Did anyone else? But this happens everytime a debt/fiat money system is established. It was no accident that the Federal Reserve Act was passed the same year that the 16th Amendment (income tax with no regard to apportionment) was declared ratified. The Fed had to have some way to easily collect their interest payments. So these collectors of tribute are taking our hard-earned cash and paying off bankers with it. I sure wish I could be a stockholder of the Fed.

By the way, the progressive income tax and the central bank are both planks of the Communist Manifesto.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#217487 - 04/12/08 12:44 AM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: Darren]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Yes as of 20 min ago

#217827 - 04/13/08 03:06 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: Hauser]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser

I can only say that we shouldn't be paying an income tax in the FIRST PLACE. It's MY damned money

I couldn't agree with you more, Hauser!

#217829 - 04/13/08 03:15 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: FormerTexan]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan

By the way, the progressive income tax and the central bank are both planks of the Communist Manifesto.

Wow. I never thought of it that way.

#217830 - 04/13/08 03:16 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: AndyJB2005]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
haha i did mine as soon as i got all of my w-2s too. my refund is already spent. they were a bitch this year. i lived in 3 states with 3 jobs. and 2 moving costs to claim

#217833 - 04/13/08 03:35 PM Re: Taxes done? Check-in here... [Re: Jarrad]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Taxes done, taxes suck!!!!!!

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.