Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
7 registered (GT13568, dan_in_newengland, lapchinj, Johnnygolightly, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443126 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#217251 - 04/11/08 04:01 AM Apology for my behavior in chat, earlier....
Whicker Offline

Loc: Pastures of Oregon
I made a terrible mistake when I visited the Chat Room, earlier today.
I began by talking about the topic of suicide, and tried, at first, to keep it abjective.

I failed. Miserably.

I'm going through a terrible rough patch right now, and, well, it is getting the better of me.

For those who took the time, and effort, to give me advice/insight in the chat room, I am VERY grateful...

And, for the Mods, who will take exception to the topic, I offer my heartfelt apology.

I did not mean to offend anyone, or break any of the Boards/Chat Rules.

"I" am still here, and "I" am still in the fight!

I will make every effort to restrain my darker thoughts, in the future. I know this site is all about 'Survivors', and will try to support that objective.

May the Lord-and-Lady Bless and Keep you all well/safe!

Whicker

#217256 - 04/11/08 05:22 AM Re: Apology for my behavior in chat, earlier.... [Re: Whicker]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Whicker,

Thanks for your comment on this. Suicide is an important topic, but one that has to be approached very carefully. Discussion of suicide is okay here so long as the person doing it is not suggesting he has any such plan in mind. Once a guy does that, he's across the line.

The reason for our policy on this is that none of us is trained to help a guy who is suicidal and "on the edge". It places an enormous emotional burden on others in chat, who can do nothing but helplessly watch someone discuss the ending of his life. It is just unfair to others to put them through that when the reason they have come here is to pursue the positive task of healing and recovery.

We must also bear in mind that some of us have lost friends or loved ones to suicide, and that going through new pain and trauma over those events can be a major setback.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.