Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441311 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#217018 - 04/10/08 05:56 AM i have a dream
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

#217108 - 04/10/08 05:11 PM Re: i have a dream [Re: sabata]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This is a really good clip too. I will view it again later. The children are so angelic.

I thought I was going to be able to tell you I viewed it without crying, but I did start crying as usual half way through.

Big crocodile tears. But I think not bad tears but good and cleansing tears.

I have conflicting thoughts as I view these: Children are or can be innocent and teach us something of God and purity. I saw a dvd last night called the Tree of Wooden Clogs where children are portrayed as angelic as they are in the clip you offer above.

Also I thought that this is the essence of what I once was (or could have been) and that you also were but that it was lost, or even violently wrested from us.

I think sometimes of the pauper child that watched the parade of the young prince passing by and sensed that he had the same essence as the prince but that he was yet a pauper. This theme has been played with by Shakespeare and others. Or is it like the man who had a precious gem that was stolen from him. When he later saw that gem from a distance in a museum, he was moved to tears.

But, children can also be evil or predatory and teach us of the devil. We know about those too. Perhaps you have seen The Lord of the Flies. These types of children have been very destructive to me and perhaps to you. But even in that movie there are good and bad children. This gives me strongly antagonistic thoughts about what it means to be a child.

I was affected as a child by both sides: good and bad children. Maybe the wound is deeper when inflicted by the child. Maybe we always like to think that the child is yet capable of redemption.

#217134 - 04/10/08 07:13 PM Re: i have a dream [Re: pufferfish]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

yes-pufferfish--------i see this as what you say--------------essence of what icould have been-------------innocent and purity-----------------------also emphty----------------and you are right there are evil bad childern--------------and ithink how these childern must have been cared for so well-to be able to excell in sinning like this at such a eaarly age----------------instead og fighting deamons at a early age -------------which takes so much engery------------------the lost of self esteme--------------------if there was ever any to start------------------

#217881 - 04/13/08 08:29 PM Re: i have a dream [Re: sabata]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

bump

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.