Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#216712 - 04/09/08 12:50 AM An impromptu toast...
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
Unfortunatly somethings have been a little bit rough in my life with school and a rough break up. Basically the girl I had been with for over a year decided to mock my CSA, afterwards she was very apologetic and such but enough is enough, I have to stand up for myself, so life goes on. Anyways I was sipping on some whiskey and sweet tea (great combination) and I just starting going off on this tangent, I wrote most of it down and just thought I would share it. Because in part since joining this site, I've felt so much better about who I am and just knowing the fact that I'm not alone has helped me say, this is what happened to me, this is who I am, and I am proud of who I am. I hope this feeling lasts forever.

Life can dump a lot of shit on your doorstep, and you just have to get through it. Some people sort it out with religion, but I'm not a big fan of the man upstairs, whether he be Mormon or Lutheran, don't get me started if he is a Catholic or not. Besides, looking to sky isn't going to clean up that big stinky mess on your doorstep. You just have to smile to get through it, you may not enjoy it, but bitching about it doesnt help. Just light another cigarette, down another beer, and say cheers to shit that matters and goodbye to what doesn't. This if your life, this right here right now, not what some afterlife, and certainly not some previous life, this right here is what counts. So lets make the most of it. Its all coming crashing down, and the shit pile is getting bigger by the minute. You can't do anything about though, except smile, light another cigarette and down another beer. So here to the good times, of past, present, and the future. To those people who shovel the shit with you and make you forget about it. This one is for you.

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#216718 - 04/09/08 12:59 AM Re: An impromptu toast... [Re: USFbull]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Cheers!!!!

*raises glass and clinks it with yours*

Carl

P.S. Hmmmmm .... got to try that sweet tea and whiskey

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#216721 - 04/09/08 01:01 AM Re: An impromptu toast... [Re: Scoutvictim]
USFbull Offline

Hahah Thanks Carl!!

the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#216891 - 04/09/08 06:18 PM Re: An impromptu toast... [Re: USFbull]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
I'll drink to that, USF! Cheers!

-Darren

#217005 - 04/10/08 03:02 AM Re: An impromptu toast... [Re: Darren]
USFbull Offline

Thanks Darren!

the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.