Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, Cthulhu, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447613 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#210425 - 03/13/08 12:57 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: GateKPR4]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
frost,
I have had things like this happen to me all the time when I needed and was ready for it to happen. I am reminded of what you said in our last HC about your finding that passage in the bible when you were angry and looking for a 'why'. I look at your posts and know that that passage has indeed come to pass. I know I could never reach out to others in this site and understand if I had not been through what I have. I God's economy, the kind of person I will become is far more important to him than my personal comfort and safety. All is expendable in the interest of making me a good person. If all God wanted was cattle he would feed us and keep us comfortable and happy all the time till he was ready for us to grace his table. He doesn't want that he was good sons and daughters and that requires that we go through the stuff that will bring out character. That is never pleasant but it is profitable for out soul. Your my hero.

Edited by Freedom49 (03/13/08 12:59 AM)

#210477 - 03/13/08 10:10 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: Freedom49]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Roger,

That was very well put. I also view Frost as an inspiration and a hero. Brian always seem to say the right thing at the right time...and many times I find that when he speaks, he is my inner voice. He is able to express things that I am only able to think. I thank God for the opportunity to reclaim my life and my faith.

Dan

#210480 - 03/13/08 10:34 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: GateKPR4]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I do not believe in a God who intervenes and makes things like happy coincidences happen -- the existence of such a being really makes it problematic when happy coincidences fail to happen and, instead, horrible awful evil things happen.

However, I believe that all that exists, including us, is a single organic and internally related totality -- everything is connected with everything else and is part of the same glorious system, on every level from quanta to galaxies and human life. That system is pretty close to what I personally call "God."

Human beings are -- as far as we know now -- unique in that we can consciously choose how to perceive the world and how to interact with it. We can open ourselves up to the working of the system, to allow ourselves to flow with it and be surrounded and filled by it through oriented our minds and our actions to harmony with the totality. We can also close oursevles off in selfishness and work against the grain, which leads to friction, suffering, and misery.

So, I experience these happy coincidences from time to time -- I think everyone does to some degree or another. I see them as momentary flashes of light through the haze of human consciousness that briefly illuminates the fundamental order, harmony, and unity of existence.

#211233 - 03/17/08 10:00 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: VLinvictus]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I believe in God and also believe that all of creation is connected. The Bible says that all of creation is full of the Spirit of God. The word used there in the Hebrew literally translated means "Heavy" so it's basically saying that all of creation is filled with the "Heavy" or weight of God. Makes sense to me.

#211359 - 03/17/08 10:54 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: frost]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I believe in a god when I'm out looking at the lake, or the ocean, or in the woods. At those times I feel that "wow there must be SOMETHING out there that did all of this."

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#216506 - 04/08/08 12:05 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: SuperTramp7981]
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
I believe in God the maker of heaven and earth. Creator of all things, the author of life, and the author and finisher of my faith. I believe in His healing power. Not only the healing of my body but the healing of my soul and spirit. He is the Healer of the harms of my past. He is my everything. He is my all in all. He is the greatest love of my life. He's my risen Savior. He is my soon coming King (smile).

#216726 - 04/09/08 01:25 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: HurtinginMD]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Jung coined the word to describe what he called "temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events." Jung variously described synchronicity as an "'acausal connecting principle'" (i.e., a pattern of connection that cannot be explained by conventional, efficient causality), "meaningful coincidence" and "acausal parallelism". Jung introduced the concept as early as the 1920s but only gave a full statement of it in 1951 in an Eranos lecture, then in 1952 published a paper "Synchronicity An Acausal Connecting Principle" in a volume with a related study by the physicist (and Nobel winner) Wolfgang Pauli.

It was a principle that Jung felt gave conclusive evidence for his concepts of archetypes and the collective unconscious , in that it was de>

Bittersweet Symphony

#216731 - 04/09/08 02:06 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: GateKPR4]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: GateKPR4
I say its a god thing, whenever a coincidence happens. I have no other way to express it.

I thought of you when I read this thread. F

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 01:10 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.