Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
3 registered (highflight, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441747 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#216664 - 04/08/08 10:09 PM Boy faces trial on charges
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://www.grandhaventribune.com/paid/291600232207009.bsp

Tue, Apr 8, 2008

HOWELL (AP) — A 10-year-old Howell boy accused of forcing a first-grade boy to perform a sex act while on a school bus will go on trial next week.

The mother of the boy told The Detroit News that the Livingston County prosecutor's office did not offer a plea agreement. The boy said he did not want one because he's innocent of the criminal sexual conduct charges.

A judge, prosecutor and defense attorney held a settlement conference Monday. The case heads to trial April 16.

If convicted, he could be put in a juvenile detention facility until age 21 and placed on the state's sex offender registry until 30.

A plea deal was reached last month for an 11-year-old co-defendant. He received two years' probation and ordered to undergo counseling.

#216676 - 04/08/08 10:48 PM Re: Boy faces trial on charges [Re: Hauser]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Wow. Our justice system really is kind of lost on this sometimes for sure...

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#216698 - 04/09/08 12:19 AM Re: Boy faces trial on charges [Re: LandOfShadow]
richie Offline
New Here

Loc: Va.
I was 10 when I was abused the 1st time, by an 11 year old girl and i can Imagine what the justice would do to her if that would have happined today under the panic stricken people we have today.We need help clinics and better ways to help these abused kids in a kind and understanding way.At 10 I couldn't make any sense of the abuse much less hearing this girl go to jail! I'm glad there are those of us who work in behalf of children who need help and understanding.

Search through me,O God,and know my heart. Examine me,and know my disquieting thoughts,and see whether there is in me any painful way,And lead me in the way of time indefinite. Psalm 139:23,24

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.