Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
9 registered (pluckmemory, JW1230, highflight, Greg56, Anura, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#216574 - 04/08/08 04:28 PM Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
The de>

#216579 - 04/08/08 04:49 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Darren]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Darren,

Thank you for the post - I congratulate you on your ability to open yourself so clearly to us.

As a gay Christian, I can only respond with empathy towards the pain you've gone through seeking acceptance, then finding it only to have it ripped away.

There is a place in the Bible where Peter dreams about eating various types of meat. When he questions God, God responds with "don't call unclean what I call clean". (Acts 10:9-16) Peter would soon be speaking to a Gentile (heathen - kinda like the Christian world views Gays/Lesbians/etc now ...).

Later we read Paul stating that if it is a sin for your brother to eat meat but not you, then you may eat it. He should not, for it would be a sin for him to do so. (Romans 14) We are then reminded not to take our liberties in a way that can cause others to stumble. (Romans 14:21)

I see being gay in the same manner as anything else. If you believe in your heart what you are doing is wrong - then you shouldn't be doing it because you will only beat yourself up with guilt and shame. I do not, however, believe God condemns being gay.

Just my own 2 cents worth.

Again, I want to thank you for your honest and open explanation of not only what you believe, but how you came to that place.

M

PS - I too have lost a bunch of "Christian friends" over the same issue - and may lose more yet. What matters to me is - I have not lost God, nor has He let go of me.

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38,39 - NAS)

#216603 - 04/08/08 06:17 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: MarkK]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
Mark,

Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts and comments. It means a lot to me that you would read through my very long post and reply so thoughtfully, all the more so because it was a hard post to write.

You've given me some things to think about.

Thanks again!

-Darren

#216663 - 04/08/08 10:05 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Darren]
richie Offline
New Here

Loc: Va.
Darren,that was quite a story and certainly well expressed. From what I have come to understand from gods word the bible is expressed in 1 corinthians 6;9-11 What?,do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit Gods kingdon? It goes on to mention these unrighteous things like adultery, thievery, greed, drunkiness, nor men who lie with men;meaning the sex relations between men. I understand that to practice these thing is the thing that is what god doesnt approve of or accept.Yet the>
Search through me,O God,and know my heart. Examine me,and know my disquieting thoughts,and see whether there is in me any painful way,And lead me in the way of time indefinite. Psalm 139:23,24

#216666 - 04/08/08 10:11 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Darren]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Darren
A friend, even a Christian fried who is only your friend if you believe in God and promise not to fall into your old sinful ways

In my opinion, such a "Christian" is not as in tune with the namesake of the religion as they claim to be.

Christ spent his time associating with those who were despised by the religious elite. Those same elite had him crucified at the hands of the Romans. If he were here today I believe he would still be spending his time with those of today who are also despised by the religious elite no matter who they may be, and he would again find himself in dutch with the religious elite. IMO.

#216671 - 04/08/08 10:21 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: richie]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: richie
From what I have come to understand from gods word the bible is expressed in 1 corinthians 6;9-11 What?,do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit Gods kingdon? It goes on to mention these unrighteous things like adultery, thievery, greed, drunkiness, nor men who lie with men;meaning the sex relations between men.

There are many scholars who have said the greek in that passage mentions "immature boys or male prostitutes" and "those who defile themselves with male prostitutes". I have also read that of the 2 or 3 greek words that specifically mean "homosexual" - Paul uses none of them.

I am by no means an expert. The little bit of greek studies I had in Bible College will not answer the true meaning of every word as it was used during that period. However, I do think this is a good reason we need to be careful when we read a transliterations of the>

#216672 - 04/08/08 10:22 PM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: richie]
richie Offline
New Here

Darren,con't.. So to me being approved by God means that I reconize what he doesn't approve of if we are to worship him in a clean state. Once I have accepted Jesus and dedicate my self to God then make daily supplication for forgiveness of sins i endeavor to walk the narrow path. Doing so doesn't mean I will not feel lust for men or women or feel the desire to steal or get drunk,these are always there for we are imperfect. I too have these every day,yet I soon hope to live here on this earth in paradise under the rulership of Jesus Christ in his kingdom rule and these wrong desires we no longer be there especialy the ones I have due to CSA. Revelation 21:3'4 Isaiah 65:17 God Bless.

Search through me,O God,and know my heart. Examine me,and know my disquieting thoughts,and see whether there is in me any painful way,And lead me in the way of time indefinite. Psalm 139:23,24

#216694 - 04/09/08 12:03 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: MarkK]
richie Offline
New Here

true. but I have the understanding of the act to lie down with to mean to have sexual relations as expressed throughout the bible when it speaks of a man with his wife or a virgin ..etc.. any ways god loves us despite our sinfull tendencies and doesn't condemn us but wants all to work good towards all and fight the fine fight of rightiouness . This I have to work at and pray about constantly yet I am happy and this gives me hope.thanks for your knowlegable imput.

#216699 - 04/09/08 12:22 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: richie]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
If I am understanding all I am reading here then I have to agree with you all. As I understand it God loves us all Just as we are. He does not ask us to stop doing what we are doing and clean up our act and then present ourselves for his love and acceptance. I believe it is his love and acceptance that empowers us to unite wtih him and it is his strength and his love that he gives us that enables us to become the men we are created to be. If I try to become righteous I will miss God altogether. If I reach out for God he will accept me and I will become over time what he needs me to be. He knows I am dust and weak. I cannot change on my own. I must have his help. That is the Gospel. IMO

Edited by Freedom49 (04/09/08 12:23 AM)

#216742 - 04/09/08 03:59 AM Re: Is there a God? TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Darren]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Darren

Nevertheless, and despite the quote in my signature that alludes to a belief in God, today I cannot reconcile my disappointment with this group, with Christians in general, and my homosexuality.

If there exists a Christian God, either homosexuality is a sin or it isn't.

I certainly can't tell which god is the right god, and he isn't talking to me about it.

Thanks for reading!

If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian. -- Mark Twain, Notebook

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 01:09 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.