Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443463 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#215390 - 04/04/08 04:10 PM new book
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Justice Denied: What America Must Do to Protect its Children (Hardcover)
by Marci A. Hamilton (Author)

Editorial Reviews

Review
"Too many 'talk the talk' of making children a priority in society. What Hamilton has done with her book is to show a clear and simple way that policymakers can 'walk the walk'. . . [she] clearly and articulately connects the value of using civil law as a tool to protect children. " --Ted Thompson, Executive Director, NAPSAC (Natl Assn to Prevent the Sexual Abuse of Children)

"This brave book is one all lawmakers should read." --Jason Berry, author of Lead Us Not Into Temptation

"In understandable, eloquent prose, Marci Hamilton makes the case for abolishing a statutory scheme that protects sexual predators and which closes our courtrooms to maltreated children. Although it is too late to claim the honor of having acted quickly to address this injustice, this book shows us how to avoid the disgrace of having never acted at all." --Victor Vieth, Director, National Child Protection Training Center

"Hamilton is absolutely right: a vigorous and effective children's civil rights movement is long overdue . . . I applaud Marci Hamilton for leading the way with her outstanding legal scholarship, advocacy and passion for justice!" --Eileen King, Regional Director, Justice For Children

"Hamilton provides a compelling case that demonstrates that the interests of insurance companies, unions, churches, and schools will always trump the safety of children unless we do something about it. Hamilton tells us what we can do, how to do it, and why it will work." --Charol Shakeshaft, Chairperson and Professor, Department of Educational Leadership, Virginia Commonwealth University

"Professor Hamilton combines genuine sensitivity to the plight of survivors of childhood sexual abuse with in depth expertise in the working of the legal system. " --Barbara Bennett Woodhouse, Director, Center on Children and Families, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, University of Florida

"A powerful call to action by one of America's leading constitutional scholars. Marci Hamilton makes clear what must be done if we are to prevent the continued sexual abuse of children." --Jeff Dion, National, Center for Victims of Crime.

Product De>

#215392 - 04/04/08 04:30 PM Re: new book [Re: Dale English]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
This sounds great Dale. Much overdue. I get so fed up with our politicians and the hollywood set with their symbolism over substance regarding issues. Everyone wants to "raise Awareness" for this cause or that cause by buying little ribbons and such but to actually look at the issues and get down to business and do something about it is just to much effort. Easier to throw money at the problem, wear a little symbol, feel good and go about your business and not really do anything to make a significant difference. Sigh.......

#215407 - 04/04/08 06:29 PM Re: new book [Re: Freedom49]
youthfulheart62 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey(exit3)
million children march...lets go

#216428 - 04/08/08 06:44 AM Re: new book [Re: youthfulheart62]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dale,

Thanks for posting this. I have heard of Hamilton's book but haven't read it yet. But surely getting rid of the statute of limitations for CSA offenses is long overdue, especially now that it's well known how the vast majority of survivors are silenced for years after the abuse occurs.

Youthfulheart, I love your image - a million kids marching and demanding justice.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.