Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
5 registered (Sonata1, Jay1946, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63852 Topics
445850 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#216333 - 04/07/08 09:47 PM why i get drowzy reading truama...? ...no idea
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I cannot remember a time when i would read about trauma and not get so drowzy that i fall asleep.When i wake up after about 10 minutes i am fine and it's as though i never fell asleep to begin with.

Is this a normal

Is it a signal from the body to stop reading therefore a defense mechanism.

This really irritates me and i wish it would stop.I read the book "Victims no longer" many years ago and one of the things i remember reading is heavily yawning and getting real drowzy are the hallmark of the body telling you it's time to put the book down.However i disagree because it always happens within 10 minutes of picking up the book and i get so drowzy that i cant keep my eyes open.

I'm not ok with this and i have tried reading about csa during all kinds of hours ...late night,day light,first thing in the AM,early evening,afternoon....etc etc ....and sure enough i get drowzy yet even when i drink alot of coffee sure enough i get friggin tired.

Why am i not drowzy talking / typing about it am i not doing the same thing only more focus is required to do both type / and read what i am typing sitting here posting about "trauma"

Anyway this has been on my mind for awhile and it's really pissing me off and i absolutely love to read yet i struggle with keeping my damn eyes open.

I have dealt with my csa in therapy for over 4 yrs now and yet again i can't figure out why this always happens.....am i making any sense.

Coop

#216399 - 04/08/08 01:06 AM Re: why i get drowzy reading truama...? ...no idea [Re: thecoopstah]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Well, i for one often have a similar reaction with anything that pushes the "overwhelm" button for me- and sometimes that's included reading posts on here, dealing with unsolvable family problems, etc. I get an overwhelming urge to go to sleep, and it's not the happy, cozy feeling of "sitting on a soft couch in a warm room after shoveling snow for three hours" sleepy; it's the "had the flu for a week, way too little energy for anything" type. So, yes, you make sense to me...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.