Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (1islandboy), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#215920 - 04/06/08 05:16 PM helping a loved one
vmarie13 Offline
New Here

I know this might be a little different- but I became a member of this site to help my boyfriend. About a year and a half ago he was date raped (this is before we started dating) and the girl who raped him got pregnant. She called him the other day, claiming that it is his baby and that he needs to take a DNA test to prove it. However, I was wondering if there was anything he can do about it, is it too late to go through court claiming rape? I'm one of the only people who know that he was raped- he grew up in a "men don't show feelings" type of family- and he doesn't want to seem weak by admitting that he was raped. But if it is rape does he still have to pay child support? He's only a freshman in college... I don't know how to help him. I could really really use some advice on how to help him cope with all of these feelings. Any advice? Thanks alot.
-VMarie

#216272 - 04/07/08 07:11 PM Re: helping a loved one [Re: vmarie13]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
vmarie 13,

That is very difficult. Men are raped by women and they do keep silent, however, as with any rape case the longer a person takes to report it, the more difficult, if not impossible it becomes to prosecute it, which is especially true for adults.

As for the child support aspect, if it's his child then yes, he is obligated to pay child support, which is the right of the child, not the parent. The child didn't do anything wrong, no matter how it came to be.

ROCK ON........Trish

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.