Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Em (36), I Want 2 Thrive (49), midwest (29), Miles (50), MrDon (50), smurfette (33)
Who's Online
6 registered (unhappycamper, 5 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63535 Topics
443892 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#216259 - 04/07/08 05:38 PM Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons"
Denniss Offline
New Here

Loc: California
Hi all,

My first official post and thought that I'd take a risk and share a uTube link that reminded me of a great sculpture created at the last Weekend of Recovery. I shared it with a small group and now with you all. It's a bit harsh in the beginning but stick with it as it unfolds into what many of us have experienced. My wish is that you see through the immediate pain and relish in the strength that we draw upon as survivors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

Peace be with you!

Dennis

#216260 - 04/07/08 05:47 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: Denniss]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Thank you Dennis. The meaning that I saw in that post is the same as my little story/poem that I wrote for WoR. Together we can save a helpless one against the predators of this world. Some will say it was only one and makes not difference in the long run. It made a difference that one and that is what matters.
Good to see you on the boards.

#216273 - 04/07/08 07:11 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: Denniss]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I love this cut

Is there any way I could "obtain" it?

#216318 - 04/07/08 09:09 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: pufferfish]
Denniss Offline
New Here

Pufferfish, yes, I found it on uTube and it received the highest number of hits under "Eyewitness Category Winner - Battle at Kruger". The link above is directly from uTube. Go Vols!

Roger, it's amazing how instintual we are huh? We simply needed a sheppard such as MaleSurvivor staff to gather us together... we are much more powerful as a group.

Always,
Dennis

#216322 - 04/07/08 09:21 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: pufferfish]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Dennis, what a powerful video. It is testiment to the value of coming together - to work toward what is best for the group - to make sure each member is valued despite individual weaknesses or strengths - Sounds a lot like MS, and I'm glad you have joined the herd!

Welcome,
Dan

Marge Simpson

#216325 - 04/07/08 09:26 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: dannym]
Denniss Offline
New Here

Thanks Dannym! It's been a journey and my story doesn't include a history of trusting men. That said, I've recently found a TON of strength from the herd and I appreciate your kind words. I am glad you are here as well.

Thanks,
Dennis

P.S. I am lost without a spellchecker so please forgive \:\)

#217452 - 04/11/08 10:05 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: Denniss]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
i want to be part of the herd... protecting the weak and young.

#217460 - 04/11/08 10:25 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: mvnforwrd]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
The thing i couldn't help but think was that all of these animals- buffalo, lions, croc, etc. -were just doing what comes naturally to them. Lions and crocs are carnivores, they hunt/ambush prey, or starve. All the behavior (other than the people taping and chatting) is based on instinct, not malice... as Samuel Clemens once said, "Man is the only animal that blushes- or needs to."

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#217465 - 04/11/08 10:44 PM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: pufferfish]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I love this cut

Is there any way I could "obtain" it?

For Pufferfish and anyone else who wish to download a copy of this video:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gz1nm0gzbk2

It is there for you to download.

VN

#217512 - 04/12/08 03:21 AM Re: Brotherhood Prevails Over "Dragons" [Re: VN]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Dennis, it is an amazing video.

I have never seen anything like this. Thank you!

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.