Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
4 registered (CafeMan, Cam76, 2 invisible), 65 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438128 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#215906 - 04/06/08 04:21 PM Discussion Board Vs. Chat
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
Sorry to be a pain here. When I registered with the site a while back, I was under the impression that my log in name and screen names should be different.

I was pleased to see this is true... to a point. My screen name does show up as I had expected in the discussion board. But why is it that in the chat room it's my log in name? I know I can't change it, but wondering why that is? Wouldn't it make more sense for our names in chat also be as anonymous as they are in the discussion board?

#215907 - 04/06/08 04:25 PM Re: Discussion Board Vs. Chat [Re: Roofus]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Yes I agree with you Roofus. I was confused during sign up also. I have so many posts and messages and most know me now like this so I am going to stay and disclose in my signature. However, Nathan (CyberChild) says that he can change one of them if you want.

#215969 - 04/06/08 07:49 PM Re: Discussion Board Vs. Chat [Re: Freedom49]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, in a way it would make a lot more sense, but that is the way the UBB software is written for the site. Once a login/chat name is chosen and registered it cannot be changed. You can, however, petition the webmaster to change your screen name or Discussion Board name and he will do it on a "as time permits" basis.

#216175 - 04/07/08 02:22 PM Re: Discussion Board Vs. Chat [Re: WalkingSouth]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
Thanks for the info. I feel no sense of urgency to change my log in name. However, just a suggestion to the web-master... it might be beneficial to make the instructions more clear, so that new users understand that the log in name is the name that will be displayed in the chat room. I think they make it clear that the screen name selection will be used for the discussion board, but it was not clear to me that the log in would be the name used in the chat room.

Thanks

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.