Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
8 registered (Landscape, CafeMan, lapchinj, 3 invisible), 66 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438075 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#215892 - 04/06/08 03:46 PM Re: New Guy Looking For Advice [Re: JDrock]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
I haven't read everything that was written by everyone else, so forgive me if I repeat recommendations.

Acknowledging it first and foremost is most likely the biggest step. The extent to which the abuse occurred can only be measured by the individual. Although you may not perceive it as being serious, the impact of what happened has apparently affected you greatly. Never compare your story to others, it is your story. You deserve to be heard.

My recommendations...

1. Start journaling. Put pen to paper and start logging your thoughts, your feelings, and your emotions. Don't be afraid to write your story down in your journal, and process the feelings associated with it.

2. Talk to someone, get a therapist if you can.

3. Consider going to one of the Weekends of Recovery. That may be very helpful to you.

4. Lastly, stay on here, read what others have written, and connect with others that share something with you.

Im sure there are many things you can do. But these are great places to start. Make your choices cautiously, and thoughtfully. Don't feel as if you are alone, there are many of us here that are right there with you.

#215899 - 04/06/08 04:01 PM Re: New Guy Looking For Advice [Re: JDrock]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Welcome JD,
I had a lot of the same symptoms still have some. My first abuse was mild but the effects are not. took me 25 years of trying to cope using all the wrong tools.
This site is one of the right tools. I got a therapist and she has helped me work through some of the symptoms you mentioned. One other thing I do here is " as mentioned earlier" not compare my abuse to others.
Most of the results are the same some more sever but mostly the same. Working together we can heal from our past.
I wish you well on your journey of recovery.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#215923 - 04/06/08 05:31 PM Re: New Guy Looking For Advice [Re: GateKPR4]
NWcats Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pacific Northwest
JD-
Welcome. I'm glad you found this place.
I think it matters less what the seeds of the abuse look like and more that they were planted, fertilized and grew inside of you.
Like many of us here, now the hard part of learning how to tend that garden with love and respect instead of shame.
It's a difficult journey, but you've taken an important step for yourself in coming here.
Peace.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.