Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (WontGiveUp), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63234 Topics
442181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#215652 - 04/05/08 05:25 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: Don-NY]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
right, but what if a minor PMs you? I'm not going to ignore him. that's just rude.

#215748 - 04/05/08 11:03 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: Jarrad]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
My way of handling a minor PM-ing me was to let the Mod's know. They did not say for me not to PM the minor, just to let them know if anything came up that they needed to know about. By keeping the Mods informed as to what is happening, it keeps me out of the shits. I don't think there can be a rule set in concrete about this. In general, PM's between minors and adults are not approved of. I feel if a minor contacts a adult, the adult should let a Mod know about it. In my case I gave the mod a link to the PM, so he could follow it if he wanted to. I have nothing to hide. By doing it the way I did, it lets the Mod take a look at what is being said, helps the Mod to make a decision whether he wants me to keep talking to the minor.

Take care,
Clifford

#215750 - 04/05/08 11:15 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: lostcowboy]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I too have done that on occasion Clifford. Not always though, I have chatted with them in chat and had followup PM to see how their doing or they will PM me about some suggestion I made regarding a situation. If I think there is some thread that might me misinterpred I will check with a mod. It is all on the up and up and so I have no problem with them checking my messages and have encuraged such. Still I have been pretty lax about no communication with the teens.

Edited by Freedom49 (04/05/08 11:16 PM)

#215766 - 04/06/08 12:05 AM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: Freedom49]
JustJeff Offline

In all seriousness, the private corispondence(P Ming) that i'm able to have with adults is the primary reason why i'm still on this site. without the pm's of the adults i would've never known that people were on my side during the aftermath of my first post. if i had not been able to recieve or send out private messages to adults i would've been gone.

#215783 - 04/06/08 01:57 AM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: Don-NY]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Let me just say here publicly; i don't have a problem with people PMing me in chat, if they're "just checking in", or need to chat about something they don't want everyone in the room to hear- but please don't PM me in chat, unless there's something specific or urgent on your mind! I tend to type slowly, and don't hit "Enter" after every three words, and actually stop to consider my posts/responses; so having a general "room" post, or "PM" post, cut in half, and appearing in the wrong place, can be irritating. Alright, i'll stop ranting now...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.