Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
8 registered (GT13568, jq19712, Jay1946, petercorbett, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63371 Topics
443130 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#215582 - 04/05/08 01:29 PM PM's to underage members?
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am just curious, have the policy change on this, or is no one suppose to PM with underage members except the moderaters and the 'mod buddy'? (And I would guess, other underage members?) There was a new member here that PM me, and we message back and forth few times until I realize he is a teenager. I do not know how much it is told to new teen members what the site policy is, or even to new adult members.

andrei

#215587 - 04/05/08 01:38 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: ak]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Andrei,
That was my understanding too and I have to admit I have been guilty of that. Sorry.

#215589 - 04/05/08 01:39 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: ak]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
i don't think there is a rule, i think they say not to pm people if they just joined, to let them settle in first, to let the moderators or now teen co-ordinator to welcome them

but i don't know really

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#215599 - 04/05/08 02:51 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: king tut]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
oh really? i had no clue there was a rule against that. well shit. lol im guilty of that too.

#215608 - 04/05/08 03:14 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: Jarrad]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I find it in the Discussion Board guidelines post in the main Male Survivor forum, in the part that talk about teen survivors:

Quote:
* It is best to avoid private correspondence with users until you have been here for some time. Try to keep your interactions with members on the forums rather than Private Message until you have been using the site for six months. Please tell your Mod Buddy or an Administrator if you receive a private message (PM) that you feel is inappropriate.

So I guess it is the same as it was before. They use to have it posted somewhere else before, I think that is why I could not find it.

andrei

#215625 - 04/05/08 03:53 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: ak]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

This question is currently under discussion among the Mods and Admin. We'll post a clarification soon.

In the meantime the approach we take is to ask site users not to establish any "hidden" or private relationships with minors or any other users on this site that would not pass examination in "the light of day". If you follow this principal there should be no question regardless of who your conversation is with.

On the other hand, any "hidden relationship" with anyone on the site that is inappropriate, especially if it is with a minor, will be dealt with accordingly.

John aka walkingsouth
For the MS Mod Team

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#215626 - 04/05/08 03:53 PM Re: PM's to underage members? *DELETED* [Re: ak]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ModTeam

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#215628 - 04/05/08 03:55 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: ModTeam]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: ModTeam

On the other hand, any "hidden relationship" with anyone on the site that is inappropriate, especially if it is with a minor, will be dealt with accordingly.

John aka walkingsouth
For the MS Mod Team

(And twice!!)

#215629 - 04/05/08 03:58 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: ak]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, twice! dunno how that how that happened!

#215636 - 04/05/08 04:36 PM Re: PM's to underage members? [Re: WalkingSouth]
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
There is a "PM usage" sticky post in the "general Discussion" forum on the member's side.

It used to be public, but I don't see it on the public side anywhere.

It addresses the issue Andrei raised and other PM issues as well.

Edited by Don-NY (04/05/08 04:40 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.