Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
5 registered (bluesky, SurvivingMe, 3 invisible), 63 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62495 Topics
438040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#215338 - 04/04/08 12:47 PM Exam is offical......seizure disorder
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts

I just received a phone call from QTC and i do in fact have an exam however it IS NOT for PTSD it's for my already SC condition for a seizure disorder and it's next week.

I specifically asked the woman i spoke with and she conformed that it is indeed for this condition.I think( although i could be wrong) i may not need an exam for PTSD( either i have plenty of evidience and / or enough to substantiate the claim PTSD) afterall think about it if i needed one why not schedule both at the same time on different days.Who knows i am just an average joe.

My exam is april 17th @ 10AM.

I thought i'd inform the board the status of my case.

What do you think about a statement from myself descriibing my struggle with my "seizure disorder"...and my fiancee who has actually witnessed on several occassions to wirte a letter.I finished mine a few days ago and "L" finished hers yesterday. Let me know , if any , what you think. Thank you and take care. Coop

PS: obviously anyone on here who was either in the military or is familiar with the process i would hope reply to this afterall i am all new to this stuff.

#215341 - 04/04/08 01:11 PM Re: Exam is offical......seizure disorder [Re: thecoopstah]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I think the letters are a great Idea coop and I would keep copies for later in case they are "lost" in someone's desk. Always keep copies of everyting. Good luck guy.

#215560 - 04/05/08 12:13 PM Re: Exam is offical......seizure disorder [Re: Freedom49]
Niels Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am not so sure. I have both. Severe PTSD and Partial complex seizures (PCS) on top of that. My PCS is caused by multiple head traumas/and suffocation in relation to the sexual abuse. I never
really suspected that brain traumas could cause symptoms that was similar to PTSD symptoms. Freezing, numbing, loosing the thread and orientation. Altered perception, people and things moving around, altered perception and intense panick attacks, because of short seizures from 2-8 seconds, mostly in the shape of absences. I could not tell What was PTSD and what was PCD. But brain scans and EEG could!! Medications (Lamictal and Clonazepam) and disability has improved my quality of life. I work part time with what I really want now.

So I think it necessary to be checked up to see if you have seizures and /or PTSD. Did you have any head traumas due to pressure waves from explosives?

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.