Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63229 Topics
442159 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#215334 - 04/04/08 12:03 PM EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
This incedent is an example of where and how quickly child rape can happen. Basically in public in ths case. Its also an example of a failed criminal justice system in one very screwed-up state.

Boy Describes Attack in Mass. Library
By DENISE LAVOIE 17 hours ago

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) Probation for a convicted sex offender charged with raping a 6-year-old boy in a library was revoked Thursday after the judge watched a videotape of the child saying it was like being attacked by a "T-rex and an alligator."

Corey Saunders, 26, is accused of raping the boy Jan. 30 while the child's mother worked on a computer just outside the room and less than 10 feet away at the New Bedford Free Public Library.

At the time, Saunders was on probation after serving four years in prison for the attempted rape of a 7-year-old boy. He was sentenced to the maximum five years in prison Thursday.

On the video, the younger boy spoke calmly and bluntly as he described how Saunders lured him between bookshelves at the library's magazine room and raped him orally.

"He said, 'Can I touch you?' and I said, 'No,' and he went right in and touched me, and he was touching my privates," the boy said in response to questions from a child welfare official.

The boy said Saunders first approached him as he sat at a table reading books in the magazine room. He and Saunders eventually went down an aisle between bookshelves, where he said Saunders raped him.

Afterward, the boy said he dressed, "and then I ran."

After watching the 20-minute video, Judge Robert Kane said he found the boy "certainly credible" and his account of the alleged rape "sequential, coherent and detailed."

Prosecutors said Saunders violated his probation both by committing a new crime and by having unsupervised contact with children.

Saunders' attorney, Alan Zwirblis, had asked the judge to sentence him to two years. Zwirblis did not immediately return a message left later Thursday.

Saunders, who was released from prison in 2006 over objections from prosecutors and psychologists, will begin serving the sentence immediately as he awaits trial on the new charges.

Still's Globs

New Video

#215336 - 04/04/08 12:28 PM Re: EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Just throwing out some conjecture here:

I suspect that this man didn't just decide to do this on a whim, even the first time he was caught, he had been struggling with it his entire life, more than likely. He probably was raised in a highly sexualized environment, was abused or experienced ongoing abuse on a daily and repeated basis, and became numb or indifferent to it as the years went by and he was growing.

The result? Well, just as a man who might have grown up in a home where alcohol abuse was rampant, and started abusing alcohol at an early age, and living with, even welcoming addiction. The threat of arrest, fines, and the embarrassment of public trial and imprisonment isn't enough to get him to be sober, or to at least not drive drunk.

So it is with sex offenders. If the person in question grew up in a highly sexualized/abusive home environment, with sexual abuse occurring repeatedly for years, the similar deterrents of threat of arrest, fines, and the embarrassment of public trial and imprisonment isn't enough to get him to change his behavior and/or desires.

In short, this guy needs to be locked up for a long time, and released ONLY after he's had the necessary years of therapy that he VOLUNTARILY submits to. But the sad truth is that this guy will probably never want to. I doubt this guy will ever admit that he needs help. I see a hardened criminal that is beyond hope. Just another statistic. Sad.

But, at least the last victim TOLD on him! We all know that there are plenty of boys that get raped and stay silent, only to deal with it decades later as their lives start unraveling. At least this boy has a chance grow up in a stable and functional way.

#215343 - 04/04/08 01:19 PM Re: EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Hauser]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
This really hurts to read. I feel so sorry for that little boy. Hopefully by coming forward and being believed he will be able to move on with his life having his experience and feelings validated and his rapist punished. I think two years is insufficient sentence for a repeat offender however. Especially on a child so young. Just my opinion.

#215363 - 04/04/08 02:15 PM Re: EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Freedom49]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Even mandated therapy would be good for him. That stuff is no walk in the park either. I think we should do anything to turn him in another direction -- and sadly, maybe that means locking him up in a treatment center until he is deemed safe (which may be never). Since he spent 4 years in prison already, it seems pretty obvious that plain-jane prison time with no psychiatric help is not the answer.

I feel so bad for the little boy. \:\( It must've been so, so terrifying for him. \:\( He deserves a life without that, and it was taken unfairly from him. \:\( Gosh, I get so sad.. \:\( I hope he gets better soon.

#215463 - 04/04/08 11:32 PM Re: EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING [Re: AndyJB2005]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I dont like your planet at all. You have too much evil here. some of you devour your own for pleasure. Other's turn a blind-eye to it. How are your weak supposed to survive?

Your challenged ones are mocked and victimized. Children are used and thrown aside like meat if they are culled from the herd. Mis-fortune can cost one of your own their life and you go on like nothing happened. You accept it and have dinner with friends. You read about it and order another fucking doughnut with coffee.

Humanity disgusts me! This planet sucks!

Still's Globs

New Video

#215470 - 04/05/08 12:01 AM Re: EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Still]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Yes mr alien. there is evil here there is hatred, there is terror and violence.
There is also love, generosity, kindness, compassion, caring, self sacrifice, beauty, heroism, faith, self control, the hungry are fed, the homeless are housed, poor and needy are taken care of. forgiveness dispensed, sick and infirm are cared for. orphans adopted and/or housed. weak protected, agressors resisted. and I could go on. and because there is such contrast these things are held precious to many.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.