Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (don64, gettingstronger, pow, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442205 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#215305 - 04/04/08 10:27 AM Prayer request for me going on retreat
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
My men's retreat is this weekend and I'm leaving today. It's not easy to get through with all the problems I have that I'm not able to hide from others. I'll be staying with my church's staff, to which a few know about "things" and one of my best friends. The things that happen to me at night make it hard for anyone around me, not to mention the rest of the things that happen through out the day. Being around that many guys is hard for me to handle because of the things done to me and I can't help but feel afraid. I kind of glue myself to my friends and for anyone else they can tell that there is something really wrong with me but I won't tell just anyone. I can go on with all my worries and stuff about going. It is good in someways that I go but I don't know the balance. If you guys could pray that I could feel safe and not worry in fear so much about all these things while I'm up there, that the staff can handle what I have to go through and that my friends aren't too burdened by me. Thanks

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#215313 - 04/04/08 10:39 AM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: usmc97]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

You'll be in my prayers man. Hang in there, and try to have the best time you can!

#215323 - 04/04/08 11:23 AM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: JustScott]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
usmc97,

You will be in my prayers also. Might just recommend you have a safe out of the group if you need time to be alone. When I get overwhelmed around people one my my coping skills is to excuse myself and take a walk, just sit alone and meditate. Whatever works for you.

Hope your weekend will be healing for you. Anxious to hear next week how the weekend went for you.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#215359 - 04/04/08 02:12 PM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: KENKEN]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

You're in my thought's US

So glad you're trying this, I do think you win the award for "the most commitment".

Stay strong
Mike

#215370 - 04/04/08 02:32 PM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: usmc97]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Dear lord please be with usmc and comfort him. Protect him. Stand by him and place your angels around him at all times. May the precious blood of Jesus Christ given freely for his suffering cover him and protect him night and day. May he be filled with your spirit and healed from his wounds in his heart, mind, and soul in the precious name of you Holy Son. Amen

your friend,

#215458 - 04/04/08 11:11 PM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: Freedom49]
grover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tennessee
You got it dude. I hope you get some peace at this retreat.

#216391 - 04/08/08 12:42 AM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: grover]
usmc97 Offline

Well... just about everything that could go wrong went wrong. I'm sorry it didn't go better guys, I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers over the weekend. I've been in a really bad place since getting back yesterday. I won't drag this on, just pray for my sanity if you'd continue to think about me.

Thanks.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#216421 - 04/08/08 03:54 AM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: usmc97]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
USMC,

I'm sorry that things did not go as well as you were hoping. I don't know what happened but I do know something. You took a huge step in your recovery this weekend just by attending!! You made it back home and came right back to this site! You survived!! You are stronger and more committed to recovery than you give yourself credit for!! I'm proud of you!

We're all still praying for you!

Brian

#216502 - 04/08/08 12:00 PM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: Brian]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm sorry US, it's not a failure, you still tried. That speaks volumes about you. No sorry's are ever needed.

Answers I may not have but my thought's and my love you do have, always!

Stay strong, and know that you are loved
Mike

#217673 - 04/12/08 09:50 PM Re: Prayer request for me going on retreat [Re: mogigo]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Ditto, USMC. Hang in there. Talk about it if you can...we want to support you!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.