Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
1 registered (ethereo222), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#215283 - 04/04/08 09:43 AM Current pics as avatars
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Partners, Family Members and Friends of MS Survivors,

We have had an inconsistently enforced policy in the past concerning the use of current photographs as avatars. We do understand that for some of you your avatars are important personal statements, but for various good reasons our Board of Directors would like us to avoid those bearing adult photos of ourselves. So we would like to ask all of you who are using such avatars to please change these. There's no need to rush. We'll check around in a week or so and PM those of you who haven't found something else you like yet.

You will notice that our President, Curtis St. John, retains his avatar with his current photo. This is because Curtis is the public face of MaleSurvivor; he makes appearances as our official representative and gives interviews and speaks to the press on our behalf.

Larry, aka roadrunner
For the ModTeam

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#215379 - 04/04/08 02:55 PM Re: Current pics as avatars [Re: roadrunner]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Larry,

May I ask what the various good reasons are? if a person feels comfortable and safe enough to have their current picture up, why cant they? Im certainly not trying to cause any negative problems here, I'm just curious.

Regards.

Dean.

#215382 - 04/04/08 03:10 PM Re: Current pics as avatars [Re: irishguy]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
If anything happens to them, MS would be partially liable, I think. *shrug*

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.