Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, Obi, Daryl X., 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447979 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#214659 - 04/01/08 02:46 PM Re: I am so lost [Re: JorgeR]
JDrock Offline
New Here

USF,

I was in a similar position to you when I was 18-20. I took a break from my studies and used to sleep in until midday. I had a complete lack of self-confidence and bad depression. It felt hopeless and I was also focused on how the world is horrible miserable place etc.

I wish I could say I am completely better. I went to university (college to you yanks) and then went on to do a masters degree in which I passed with first class honors. I got a job in London at a good firm and got 18 months good experience before moving back home. So my C.V. is awesome. I have, however, been drifting most of this time. I have had social anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and all the other crap associated with survivors if CSA.

The point is, however, I have been able to achieve despite my problems and now I am 26 and 2008 is the year I turn my life around. I am on a very healthy diet, lots of exercise, I use hypo therapy recordings to help with self-esteem and confidence and a therapy tool called emotional freedom therapy (do a search on goggle) to try to release some of the negative feelings to do with my abuse.

You could also get into this mind frame but luckily for you are doing in 8 years before me. Get yourself a recovery plan. Get yourself down the gym everyday, get yourself some anti-depression dietary supplements, some vitamins, and omega oil tablets. Start addressing your feelings of low self worth and set yourself gradual goals over the next couple of years to change. You should also get some supporting books to help you. There are some good books listed on this site. But most of all STAY IN COLLEGE!!

You are at a great stage in your life. You can recover and have a great and successful life and you can chill at college while working all this shit out but get positive and proactive in your undoubted recovery.

#214676 - 04/01/08 05:46 PM Re: I am so lost [Re: JDrock]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
USFBull,

I am just south of you in Bradenton. I don't know any therapists on campus, but will do some checking to see if I can find some other resources for you. Any chance you could swing the Weekend of Recovery in Gerogia in May?

PM me if you like and I will see what I can locate for you.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.