Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (iaccus, susie), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447964 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#21475 - 07/29/05 02:59 PM Re: Medicb4
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jasper,

Big hugs little brother. What you said wasn't stupid - you were just in a bad patch anyway. These things happen. The important thing is to learn from the experience, integrate it in a positive way, and move on. That is how we learn.

Your thread on prosecution wasn't stupid either, and I can't see any reason why you should think it had anything to do with what happened to Scott. No one here is at fault. Please do believe that.

Take care,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#21476 - 07/29/05 04:07 PM Re: Medicb4
bkeithb Offline

Loc: Milwaukee
So very sad to hear of Scott's suicide. Prayers will go up for his wife and children.

"Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we may be able to comfort those experiencing any trouble with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

#21477 - 07/29/05 04:33 PM Re: Medicb4
sabooka Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: I would like to know also
I am filled with sadness that a life ended to early. I feel for his family and send them my prayers.

Jonathan

#21478 - 07/29/05 04:43 PM Re: Medicb4
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
(((((Scott))))) - Rest well - you will be hurt no more...

My prayers and sympathies go out to his family

I honestly did'nt get a chance to know scott very well - but it angers me greatly when the perps win and take another away from us...

The Leaders of governments all over this world need to wake up and start realizing that this is no 'little problem' - scott's leaving this life has effected far more than just 1 person...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#21479 - 07/29/05 05:08 PM Re: Medicb4
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

I feel sadness for Scott. I feel heartbreak and despair for his family...I know what it is like to lose a loved one to suicide. I feel guilt and shame over this man's decision to end his life, not that I would have been able to sway him one way or another.

I feel guilt because I let my fears prohibit me from ever responding to his posts or even reading most of them. Things happened here so many months ago, until I feel stupid continuing to be paranoid of others. It makes no sense to be afraid of the 'possibility' of being hurt, especially when there is the very real possibility I could say or do something to help a fellow brother on this site that is hurting or in pain. We are all brothers in this, together. Maybe no one else is as paranoid as I am, but I would urge each of you to step out of your own shadow of fear, and try to help each other so that this tragedy does not repeat itself.

I lost a friend at Christmas to suicide, also with 2 young children. His family is still trying to come to grips with the loss. Many of you know that I lost my own son to suicide in May to suicide. I agree totally with Mikey: "Dammit this is happening too often."

Please read Lloydy's post regarding suicide. Please talk yourself into waiting at least 24 hours before doing anything to harm yourself. Please get help if you feel this is your only option left in life. IT ISN'T! There is ALWAYS a tomorrow. There are people to talk to.

Remember as Mikey told us, "when a life is taken, the creeps win and I cannot abide by that." None of us can abide by that!

Know that Scott is no longer in pain. He is with God. At the same time know that his family is in extreme pain. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

#21480 - 07/29/05 05:27 PM Re: Medicb4
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I've copied Jaspers & Roadrunners posts and will start a new topic where we can discuss the problems associated with suicide, and leave this topic free.

Dave

#21482 - 07/29/05 05:49 PM Re: Medicb4
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Guys, please stop posting in this thread, Scott's wife is a member here, and she will be reading this stuff.

Please be careful, and appreciate her grief,

ste

#21483 - 07/29/05 06:14 PM Re: Medicb4
demonboi Offline

Loc: East Coast
I'll hold Scott and his family in the light.

(its a quaker saying, its the same as holding them in my thoughts and prayers)

Every hour, cause it's all good
Leave all the stress from the world outside
Every wrong done will be alright
Nothin but peace, love
And street passion, every ghetto needs a thug mansion

#21484 - 07/31/05 02:19 AM Re: Medicb4
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Nothing I can say will mean much - we care!!

Rik

#21485 - 08/01/05 10:26 PM Re: Medicb4
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
May God take care of Scott's family, and may He welcome him home to the peace he deserves.

I didn't know him very well, but having cared for and lost two people here who are dear to me, one through suicide, well, this still hits hard.

Sometimes I wish the pain could be visited on those who caused these things in us one hundredfold. But they wouldn't care. They wouldn't understand.

I also wish, something I have to remind myself when the self-destructive thoughts hit me, that when someone comes close to doing this, no matter how much it may hurt at the time, that they know it will pass. Pain always passes. Death is forever. And even when you try to make it clear to your loved ones that they weren't the reasons you took the way out, they will ALWAYS blame themselves. They will always feel that hurt. That's something I will try NEVER to leave those who love me as a last memory.

I hope people learn from this sort of thing.

God, Scott, I'm sorry, my brother. I'm praying for you and your family. I know you've found your peace.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.