Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#214611 - 04/01/08 11:08 AM 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ...
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth
Have heard mention of a new affliction affecting CSA survivors ...

MS Addiction ...

bah humbug ... the supposed cure ...

12 Step Web Addicts Recovery Program

I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to,
before the Web.

I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.

I will get dressed before noon.

I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even
thinking of the Web.

I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are
Web-deprived.

I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Web.

I will read a book...if I still remember how.

I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV
down so I can hear the music on the Web.

I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.

I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.

I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook
because I was too busy on the Web.

Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime ... and the Web
will always be there tomorrow!

#214619 - 04/01/08 11:21 AM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: arronb]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Thanks Arron, I needed that. LOL

#214628 - 04/01/08 11:39 AM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: Freedom49]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Thanks Arron!

Nailed me!

Checking email during commercials. \:\)

Maybe that's why "finger food" is so popular.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#214654 - 04/01/08 01:50 PM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: LandOfShadow]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
That hits me very close to the heart. Sometimes it is so hard to not to be on here all the time. I particularly identify with eating breakfast with one hand....:)

#214655 - 04/01/08 02:10 PM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: DanM]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
What are you trying to say here? I have a problem? I have no problem. The rest of the world has the problem!

Now you've taken up my time I'm supposed to be checking who's in chat. THANKS!!!!!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#214667 - 04/01/08 04:03 PM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: Still]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
A short test:

When you look in the mirror, are you surprised that you don't look like a little picture next to some words?

Have you ever wondered if there are forces in the world more powerful than mods?

Are you frequently angry that you can't keep MS Org running minimized in your brain?

If you know people both on the board and in real life, do you wish they would post the things they say to you, because it's just more real that way?

Do you ever get the feeling that your avatar's building all these connections and doing all this great healing, and leaving you behind?

If so, it's time to get some help. But don't start a new thread about it. \:\) \:\) \:\)

#214668 - 04/01/08 04:25 PM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: MemoryVault]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
All of these apply to me, even though this only one of three website I compulsive check throughout the day.

#214675 - 04/01/08 05:28 PM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: VLinvictus]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
been a web junkie before MS and will be after \:D
Step 1- Be responsible for you and your actions.
Step 2 -See step 1
Step 3 - Have fun \:\)

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#214828 - 04/02/08 01:16 PM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: arronb]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
Originally Posted By: arronb
[color:#3333FF]
I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to,
before the Web.

I do this one! But I have to 'force' myself to do it... sometimes it's like pulling teeth, and I find myself rushing through the paper just to get on my laptop!

#215345 - 04/04/08 01:26 PM Re: 12 Step Program for MS Addiction ... [Re: Darren]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Ok, I really am addicted, I can't stop reading!!!!! I'm compulsively checking the boards! Someone stop me! It's starting to hinder my job!!!!

Course it helps on those rough days ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.