Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442152 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#214117 - 03/30/08 07:04 AM Hey Everybody
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
I'm new to MS and I just thought I'd make a post letting everyone know about me and such. My mom sent me this site after another hectic day, but I better start this post at the beginning of the beginnings.

I was born in Alberquerque NM in 1989, was only there for six weeks, and then it was off to Portugal, my Dad was in the military. Then I moved to England and the whole world came crashing down.

I was abused by my cousin from when I was four to when I was about 8.

For some reason I have a memory of my Mom walking in on it and not doing anything about it, she swears it never happened but I've tried to forget those years, so I don't even know whats accurate, sometimes I just hope it was all a big nightmare.

In my junior year of high school I got serious with a girl i was dating and when we got physical pandora's box opened.

All the supressed memories and such came flooding back. That was the start of the struggle for me.

An honor roll student, I barely passed the rest of high school. I still made it to USF and within a month there I snapped and tried to kill myself via overdose.

That was last August and I'm still struggling, I'm on anti-depressants and I've never had a counselor thats helped. I could go into a lot more depth, but its 7am and I havent slept in damn near 24 hours. You can't win with sleep, I either stay up and go crazy or sleep and have nightmares. Thats a different story for a different day.'

I'm sorry if I did anything wrong in this post, wasn't my intention.

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#214127 - 03/30/08 09:55 AM Re: Hey Everybody [Re: USFbull]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Wecome USFbull,

You didn't do anything wrong... you did it just right! Sharing what you feel you can, when you can is what MS is all about. I think you will find the most supportive, wonderful men here who understand what you are going through. You will find no judgement here - only an amazing group of courageous men who want to help each other heal.

I hope you find this site as healing as I have.

Again, welcome. I sorry you had such pain in your life, but I'm glad you found a place to help you heal.

Dan

Marge Simpson

#214134 - 03/30/08 10:28 AM Re: Hey Everybody [Re: dannym]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Welcome to MS USFBull,
I wish you well on your journey of recovery

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#214139 - 03/30/08 10:51 AM Re: Hey Everybody [Re: GateKPR4]
johnnymike Offline

Loc: Central Ohio
Welcome to MS USFbull. I am new here but can tell you it is a good place to learn and share. I am glad you took the first step.

I can relate to hating sleep because of the dreams that may come. I eventually gave in and let the dreams tell me what they needed to tell me. They have filled in a lot of blanks and have helped. Now last night I dreamt of vacationing in Quebec City.

I hope you continue to post and I am glad you are starting your healing process now.

#214143 - 03/30/08 11:10 AM Re: Hey Everybody [Re: johnnymike]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
It's a rollercoaster ride to recovery but this site illuminates the low points we all go through. The similarities we all have will astound you!

#214153 - 03/30/08 12:06 PM Re: Hey Everybody [Re: johnnymike]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: johnnymike
Welcome to MS USFbull. I am new here but can tell you it is a good place to learn and share. I am glad you took the first step.

I can relate to hating sleep because of the dreams that may come. I eventually gave in and let the dreams tell me what they needed to tell me. They have filled in a lot of blanks and have helped. Now last night I dreamt of vacationing in Quebec City.

I hope you continue to post and I am glad you are starting your healing process now.

Thanks for the hope Johnny. Thanks everyone else for the well wishes. I don't really know where to start or begin with all of this, so I'll just explore some more and see what I can do. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears.

Oh and Johnny hopefully you'll make it to Quebec City at somepoint, if you do, let me know how it is!

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#214281 - 03/30/08 11:35 PM Re: Hey Everybody [Re: USFbull]
grover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tennessee
welcome to the start of your journey. Hate that you needed to come here but, glad you found us.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.