Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#214064 - 03/29/08 09:25 PM Not sure...
Sacred_Sage Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hello all,

When I started dealing with my abuse, I stopped trusting myself and others. Before hand, I was trusting because I wasn't dealing with it though I was very silent about problems and about myself in generally.

I'm dealing with a lot of things on my own, and I'm finding that I keep on forgetting people I should care about. I often find myself not believing in people when I should be able to do so. I know I can, but I doubt it fiercely.

I guess my question is...how do we deal with it?

Cause I honestly have no idea. I find myself slowly dealing with it, but when I deal with some of these issues...I can't help but cry. Once I start doing that, I just turn to stone. I won't let anything affect me.

I heard it was a defense mechanism because I'm not properly prepared to deal with the trauma of my situation. But how do we overcome these obstacles in our healing?

#214073 - 03/29/08 10:39 PM Re: Not sure... [Re: Sacred_Sage]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Sacred_Sage
I guess my question is...how do we deal with it?

Cause I honestly have no idea.

Therapy - Treatment intended to cure or alleviate an illness or injury, whether physical or mental.
Hey,
I am a strong believer in "group therapy." Like minds coming together to talk about the issues.

I feel this forum is a great meduim for a sense of "group therapy." Being able to talk openly with like minds who carry the same injury. Many of us have had trust damaged in our past. This forum is a great starting point in finding the voices and personalities you can trust. We are all dealing with the same issue here.

I feel personaly - having to bottle up our secrets is the worst thing. We have been threatened, humilated, tormented, and tortued by that.

I was threatened for years - that if I talked about the "dirty secrets" the world, God, people, family, and friends would come to hate me.

Letting go of that fear and that lie -- I feel -- is the first step in recovery.

Here - your among those who can offer you the love and support you need to untangle the manipuation and lies imposed on your thinking process.

For me - I feel being able to talk about it openly without a fear of condemnation and judgement is a shot of what we are all looking for in our recovery.

God Bless the Internet.

Sincerly,
DKing

Bittersweet Symphony

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.