Newest Members
Hank2, Severe stammer, Jeff B., Aquarian, synthguy
12837 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
80sblueboy (46), Nealus (64), sokkerchef (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12837 Members
75 Forums
66329 Topics
463469 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#214064 - 03/29/08 09:25 PM Not sure...
Sacred_Sage Offline

Hello all,

When I started dealing with my abuse, I stopped trusting myself and others. Before hand, I was trusting because I wasn't dealing with it though I was very silent about problems and about myself in generally.

I'm dealing with a lot of things on my own, and I'm finding that I keep on forgetting people I should care about. I often find myself not believing in people when I should be able to do so. I know I can, but I doubt it fiercely.

I guess my question do we deal with it?

Cause I honestly have no idea. I find myself slowly dealing with it, but when I deal with some of these issues...I can't help but cry. Once I start doing that, I just turn to stone. I won't let anything affect me.

I heard it was a defense mechanism because I'm not properly prepared to deal with the trauma of my situation. But how do we overcome these obstacles in our healing?

#214073 - 03/29/08 10:39 PM Re: Not sure... [Re: Sacred_Sage]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Sacred_Sage
I guess my question do we deal with it?

Cause I honestly have no idea.

Therapy - Treatment intended to cure or alleviate an illness or injury, whether physical or mental.
I am a strong believer in "group therapy." Like minds coming together to talk about the issues.

I feel this forum is a great meduim for a sense of "group therapy." Being able to talk openly with like minds who carry the same injury. Many of us have had trust damaged in our past. This forum is a great starting point in finding the voices and personalities you can trust. We are all dealing with the same issue here.

I feel personaly - having to bottle up our secrets is the worst thing. We have been threatened, humilated, tormented, and tortued by that.

I was threatened for years - that if I talked about the "dirty secrets" the world, God, people, family, and friends would come to hate me.

Letting go of that fear and that lie -- I feel -- is the first step in recovery.

Here - your among those who can offer you the love and support you need to untangle the manipuation and lies imposed on your thinking process.

For me - I feel being able to talk about it openly without a fear of condemnation and judgement is a shot of what we are all looking for in our recovery.

God Bless the Internet.

And may you be in heaven
half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Bittersweet Symphony

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.