Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443411 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#212844 - 03/24/08 10:13 PM Re: I got mugged! [Re: king tut]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: king tut
Originally Posted By: SuperTramp7981
Carry something for self-defense, mace, a knife (I'll admit I have one when I go out at night, but would never condone using it, but as a deterrent, or if my life was on the line I would......) taser, learn self defense (martial arts).

ah carrying weapons like that will just get you in trouble, take something, less obvious, you may think a knife is a good weapon to do damage, but just about anything will suffice, i usually carry a strong metal pen, used in the right way that can be a deadly weapon, of course I've never done anything like that and i wouldn't use a weapon unless i was out numbered and so had to deal with them quickly

Ya I realize it's not a great idea, but I've had friends who have had bad experiences, and I'm kinda paranoid........but again, if it comes to between me and them, I'd use it, not before.

if used properly, your fists can be just as effective.

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#212854 - 03/24/08 10:31 PM Re: I got mugged! [Re: SuperTramp7981]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: SuperTramp7981
if used properly, your fists can be just as effective.

yeah that's true, but then if there are multiple people timing becomes important so you have to finish one off before the other comes and i would think that would require some extra implement

but even in self-defence you will probably get done for it (provided you win), but then at the time you may not have a choice but to fight like that, so an innoccent weapon will avoid premeditate questions and have a symapthetic jury

lol sounds like i've been thinking about it too much

i'm just against carrying knives, you would probably kill someone with a knife, but with a pointed object that can provide significant damage in certain places like a pen you most probably wont kill them but you will certainly stop them in their tracks

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#212869 - 03/24/08 11:25 PM Re: I got mugged! [Re: king tut]
grover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tennessee
Glad you are OK dude.

#212888 - 03/25/08 01:02 AM Re: I got mugged! [Re: king tut]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Oh man, I can relate. That is such a scary feeling. I've been mugged twice when I use to have to bus through the "bad" area from work to home. It's so scary.

Glad you are ok! \:\) and have an Army bro LOL

#212991 - 03/25/08 01:32 PM Re: I got mugged! [Re: AndyJB2005]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'm glad your ok too! After my CSA when i was about twelve or thirteen i took some martial arts and i'm not going to say i wish i hadn't, but then again, did it stop me from getting raped again?..no. Any idiot can get their hands on a gun and then any weapons or martial arts is useless...unless you have a gun, but having a gun is generally not good. It might be protection, but it also provides a lot of potential for something really bad to happen. Once a gun get's involved in a dispute, there is no possible good outcome i believe.

Martial arts is good and maybe even gas or a tazer or something, but when it comes to protecting yourself, i think the best strategy is just not taking unnecessary risks.

#212995 - 03/25/08 01:58 PM Re: I got mugged! [Re: blueshift]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Christopher,

I am glad that they did'nt hurt you - I can only imagine how scarey of an experience that must have been

deffinately take the car next time - and lock the doors...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#213961 - 03/29/08 01:40 PM Re: I got mugged! [Re: TJ jeff]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Christopher, I'm glad you're OK. Yes, quite a tale to tell.

I hate it when we have to give up personal liberties (like being able to take a walk unmolested), but I also think personal responsibility plays an important role.

Like you, I live in a 'pretty safe' neighborhood, and I suspect the kids who mugged you were drunken hoodlums not hardened crack-heads. Rather than carring a gun or knife, I always walk with a walking stick, about 5 feet of hardened, finished hickory that will give anybody thinking about attacking me second thoughts at least. If he has a gun, well I'd be at a serious disadvantage no matter what I was carrying.

So for me, the adage 'walk softly and carry a big stick' is de riguere. If I had had it that night when I was gang-raped things might have gone differently.

Oh, and the police report; I think that depends on how badly your brother and the other guy scared those hoodlums. It's hard to stand by and watch corporal punishment being metted out, but when it is justified... well that's just the way it is, you have to fight fire with fire sometimes. Ask your neighbor, the one at who's house the party was. He probably knows these kids and might know if they learned their lesson. If they have, I'd let it go. If there was a chance that they'd try something stupid like that again, I'd go straight to the cops. But I think whipping them was the best first response.

IMHO

I'm glad you're safe.

Laz

#213983 - 03/29/08 03:37 PM Re: I got mugged! [Re: Lazarus]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Wow Christopher, scary. I would never think something like that could happen so close to my house, but I see now it can.

I'm glad you are ok.

Keith

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.