Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
#246690 - 08/26/08 11:03 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: ak]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I'm in on this thread while I'm hurting. So please be gentle with me.

KT, I will let my room be the MS HQ as long as it can be configured to the Control Room of a U.S. Navy Los Angeles class attack submarine. I will gladly stand duty here as I need to feel safe right now. I don't. I post this video to give all the nubs here an idea as to what Control looks like.

Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGKBd6mn3Cw&feature=related

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#246692 - 08/26/08 11:10 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: LN3(SS)]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I want a room where there are no TVs, radios, newspapers, or any type of sensory input that even hints at politics. Will it ever end????? Arrrgghh. I need to move to an island somewhere and make that my room. That Tom Hank's movie from a few years ago called "Cast Away" where he was marooned on a Pacific island - man, as hard as the life was to just survive, it sure looked like paradise at times.

#246714 - 08/27/08 01:20 AM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: EGL]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
For $35 million I just want a little place at the top of a rocky saddle, 2000 vertical feet up a mountain. Kind of like Frank Lloyd Wright's home Fallingwater, I would like an artsy modern design place with a rushing creek cascading through the deeply sunken tiered living room, billiard room, and wet bar area. This level should also have a 3/4 bath. On the one side of the living room, up a flight of open stairs, would be a large eat-in kitchen with a deck on two sides, an office, and a 3/4 bath. Across a telescoping connecting bridge would be the huge master suite, with a king bed and another wrap-around deck. The walls would be native stone. The master bath would have a giant in-ground whirlpool hot tub in a separate room with a huge view of the valley below. The master suite would include a personal library with french doors opening onto a private shaded deck too.

The living room would have a walk-out to a swimming pool and a private in-ground hot tub, with a flagstone patio surrounded by a rock wall and a huge dropoff on the other side of it. And underneath the kitchen wing, off of the living room, would be a home stadium theater with three rows of leather theater recliners, a workout room with its own 3/4 bath, and a mechanical services room. All of the 3/4 baths should have double-size showers. And instead of a garage, there would be an aerial tramway to the valley below big enough to hold at least 20 people. Attached to the tram house there would be a building with two luxury guest 1 bedroom-loft, 1.75-bath suites, plus a small one-bedroom condo for the butler that my wife and I are going to need.

And behind the house, across the saddle, would be a 3-hole golf course, with a long par-5 out, then a short par-4 and a par-3 coming back in. This means that the saddle will need to be about 2,000 feet tip-to-tip, and about 400-500 feet wide. The par-3 should be around 185 yards from the tips across the trophy trout pond to a floating island green. The 591-yard par-5 will tee over the same pond to a narrow landing area with a huge dropoff to the left and tall pines to the right, with your 2nd over a 150-yard deep ravine. Your 3rd will be a short pitch across a creek to a small hilltop green with a dropoff on three sides. The 387-yard par-4 will also have a ravine-clearing shot on the player's 2nd shot. Three trips around the course would make a regulation nine. There should be a heliport too.

Most of the time it would just be my wife and I sitting out by the pool sipping whatever we fancy that day. But once every summer, I would throw the yearly MS benefit golf tournament, and maybe over Labor Day weekend each year I would have the Billiards, Burgers and Beer MS reunion, with live music, a celebrity guest speaker, an ice-sculpture contest, and dancing girls and hula hoops poolside....

Should be enough left over for a stable of fancy SUVs, a deluxe yacht, a luxury beachfront condo in Puerta Vallarta, and a trophy house waterfront at Lake Las Vegas. Maybe a Beech King Air too, along with a nice Bell Jet Ranger, and 2 sets of new Big Berthas and Pings with a couple of electric bag carts. On top of all that I would need a yearly stipend in the $300K range, just to pay my taxes and have a little fun too....

It sure is cool to dream about what we would do if we just had the dough....

All that it would take is $35 million, give or take a few bucks.

Keep dreaming,

Mark

#248046 - 09/03/08 04:06 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: Trucker51]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
We need a Pity Party room cuz everyone should throw one for themselves at least once.
Where there is always never enough & where you are guaranteed that nobody cares about or understands you.
The milk is always spilt, the presents are always the wrong size or colour & the balloons always break while being blown up.
Where you always drop your cake & they run out of ice cream just before you.
Where you can take EVERYTHING personally & pin the tail on yourself.
Stiff lower lip required for entry.
Frequent Whiner Rewards for really crappy merchandise.

Me first! Me! Me! Me!

lol

C

#248051 - 09/03/08 04:50 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: ineffable]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
lol i love it Craig

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#264262 - 11/29/08 12:06 AM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
bump

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.