Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, Doubter, petercorbett, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447596 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#213465 - 03/27/08 12:06 PM Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Patients
pluckmemory Offline

San Mateo, California child psychiatrist Dr. William Ayres was arrested last year for molesting youg male patients sent to him for therapy. Here's a story from ABC News. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3016136

Since the arrest,dozens of victims have come forward. Trial is set for the end of June. The San Mateo Police department is encouraging new victims to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact Detective Rick Decker: 650-522-7654

#213560 - 03/27/08 07:41 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Patients [Re: pluckmemory]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hmmm....Well, I was abused by a psychologist, but I wasn't a patient of his. I still feel weird when thinking about that.

#213589 - 03/27/08 08:44 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Patients [Re: pluckmemory]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
I've heard some latest news that he's trying to get the search warrent voided because they were his patients. He's claiming patient client privilege. His attorney stated that the police wouldn't have known who to talk to if they hadn't gotten the patient files. That is so much crap.

I'm in the Bay Area during the week and I'm following this one. It sickens me.

Steve

#213698 - 03/28/08 10:41 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: Stephen_5]
pluckmemory Offline

The police had victims going back from 1966 to 1985 before they decided to get the search warrant. That's a span of almost 20 years .The victim from 1985 actually went to the police twenty years ago and said Ayres molested him. The cops botched that case. We all know that predators do not stop, and when the cops got his patient files ni 2006, the California Medical Board, which had received numerous complaints from victims that Ayres had molested him, asked him to surrender his license, and he refused. In fact, he was trying to renew his license. What were the cops supposed to do when they had all these victims coming to them ? Some died in car and motorcycle crashes and their parents wonder if the molestation had something to do with it.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.