Partners, family members, friends,
Please join with us in welcoming Theatrekid (Christopher) as our first ever Teen Coordinator (TC) on the MaleSurvivor site.
In our ongoing effort to reach out to and support teen survivors we felt that it would be useful if the guys had one of their own who could be their spokesperson and "go to" guy on the site. We have discussed this with Christopher and we are grateful to him for agreeing to take on this challenging position.
The job of the TC covers the following:
1) He is an official greeter of new teens, a "go to" guy. This will be a real plus for us. So often a teenager comes here, registers, posts a few times and hangs in chat, but then freaks and leaves, unable to get started in dealing with his issues. But if he has a guy his own age who greets him and talks to him right from the start, that might be a decisive influence in his decision to stay.
2) He is a resource when teens have a problem and feel too embarrassed to talk to a moderator. The TC's task is not to solve the problem; that should be referred on to a moderator. But the TC can assure the guy that he's not alone and that if he talks to a moderator he won't be judged, blamed or laughed at.
3) The TC is a trusted guy to report to when teens have a problem directly concerning the site. This includes not only issues concerning other users, but also complaints or grievances about site management.
4) The TC can approve posts into the Teen Forum.
5) The TC will hopefully be a source of ideas and suggestions to us as we try to manage the Teen Forum. We are acutely aware that we aren't teenagers anymore!
Please bear in mind that Christopher is not a moderator. The TC is not a "junior mod" and he doesn't have access to the ModForum. This new position has its own rules and guidelines and operates separately from the position of moderator.
Please also bear in mind that like the Teen Forum itself, the TC position is a total innovation - there is nothing like it anywhere on the Internet. We may have to tweak this as we go along, and Christopher is going to be an important source of ideas and feedback for us. He has our support and confidence; please also lend him yours.
Larry, aka roadrunner,
For the ModTeam
Nobody living can ever stop me
As I go walking my freedom highway.
Nobody living can make me turn back:
This land was made for you and me. (Woody Guthrie)