Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cthulhu, 1lifenow, Drummer), 58 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441350 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 9 of 39 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#294871 - 07/10/09 12:22 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I wouldn't be surprised if "out of nowhere" his lawyer pulls a, "Look... you can obviously see he nuts... and just needs mental help, not jailtime." defense.

Would explain why the lawyer is letting him ramble.

#294938 - 07/11/09 11:25 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Here's a San Mateo County Times story from today that quotes Ayres talking about buck naked boys running around in the shower. Maybe JustScott is right- Ayres might plead insanity.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sanmateocountytimes/localnews/ci_12812572

#295241 - 07/14/09 09:52 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Closing arguments started yesterday and will finish up today.

The prosecutor did a great job. A key question she asked: If physical exams were so important in the therapeutic setting, why didn't Ayres ever examine girls?

Ayres testified that he didn't examine girls because "they would need chaperones." And boys don't?

Story on closing arguments.

http://www.smdailyjournal.com/article_preview.php?id=113254

#296254 - 07/21/09 01:07 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

A female juror was replaced last week because she had a flashback to a memory of a doctor trying to do something inappropriate to her. She was replaced by a male juror.

They had to start deliberating all over again last Friday. They asked for readback testimony on something Dr. Ayres said on the stand as to why he didn't do physical exams of girls. He said they would need a chaperone and anyway some girls tried to show their big breasts to him and he would have to get them to stop. I am not kidding. This is what he said on the stand.

A juror called in sick today so deliberations will start again tomorrow. Stay tuned - that is, if you're interested in this case.

#296277 - 07/21/09 04:04 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pluck,

Yes, please do keep us informed. I've been following this case as you've been reporting it and have been wondering what happened with the jury deliberations.

#296462 - 07/22/09 10:11 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Yet another juror replaced today because another juror was ill. The new juror is a young African American woman who is a rehabilitation therapist. The jury now is comprised of four men and 8 women.

They had to start deliberations from scratch today.

This will go on until well into next week.

#296631 - 07/24/09 10:16 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Today July 24th, the jury is still deliberating.

#296690 - 07/24/09 06:51 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

I don't know how many of you are who following this story about the Dr. William Ayres case.

At any rate, a victim of Dr. Ayres started a very good blog on the case a year ago and gets the news out faster on the trial than the mainstream press.

However, lately, he has been getting some nasty comments about victims.

Here's a sample he just got today under the thread "Jury Deliberations, Day Number 9"

NEWS FLASH: You are grown up men now. You had family and personal problems long before you met the defendant. It is time you stopped blaming someone else for everything that is wrong with your own lives and took personal responsibility and moved forward (or not)—but that is in you now. In addition, take it from me—because I have lived it—as legitimate as your anger may be, you must let go of it before you can ever be happy.

July 24, 2009 12:03 PM

I hope readers of male survivor will come over to the blog and we would love it if you could respond in the comments section to people such as the above. It makes me so angry!!

www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com

Edited by pluckmemory (07/24/09 06:52 PM)

#296909 - 07/26/09 09:37 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Dr. Ayres' lawyer was caught redhanded spreading misinformation about the jury deliberations to a San Francisco Chronicle reporter. Doron Weinberg told the reporter that a dismissed juror said that the jury was "8-4 for acquittal." The juror told the folks over at the William Ayres blog that this is a fabrication. As a result, the Chronicle had to retract the information given to them by Ayres' lawyer.

http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2009/07/hey-doron-weinberg-whats-this-little-8.html

#297138 - 07/28/09 08:29 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Hung jury yesterday in the Ayres case. The DA is trying to decide whether to retry the case. Many of the jurors looked angry and were crying.

www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com received an email from the foreman on the case, telling us how sorry he was that he couldn't give the victims justice:

Here's the email:

Good evening. It is a sad night.

I was the foreman of this jury.

I am looking for the best outlet to express my sincerest thanks and admiration for the victims who stepped forward in this trial. I pray that they read this post.

The courage you showed in reliving the unthinkable wrongs committed against you will guide me for the rest of my life. I offer my deepest apologies that I could not give you closure.

Thank you also for the bravery shown by the parents who took the stand. I am sorry for not giving you the verdict you deserve. As a father myself, I can't imagine the pain you have endured. Your strength will inspire us all.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Page 9 of 39 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.