Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Banjo596, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443051 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 39 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#271906 - 01/19/09 07:35 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Here's another story where boys were abused at a reform school in Florida. According to this story there was a perverted psychologist there treating the kids as well. How long has this all been going on ?

http://www.jcfloridan.com/jcf/news/local..._forward/55255/

#273661 - 02/02/09 08:42 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Dr Ayres molestation case discussed at length in an article called :
"As Hippocrates Forewarned: 'Sexual Misconduct' By Physicians in the Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association:

http://www.annalsofpsychotherapy.com/articles/spring08.php?topic=article14

For an interesting discussion on this article by one of Dr. Ayres' victims, go to: www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com

#274170 - 02/06/09 10:50 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Victim of Dr. Ayres posts about the molestation, using his real name. This victim's father was a pediatrician who referred hundreds of children to Ayres. The pediatrician had no idea what Ayres was doing to them. Ayres repaid the pediatrician's kindness by molesting his son.
See here.
http://www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/

I think the comments are very brave. This victim has also been quoted in stories in the San Francisco Chronicle and other papers using his real name.

#274348 - 02/07/09 01:29 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Victoria Balfour, the writer who blew the whistle on Dr. William Ayres back in 2002, will be giving a presentation on her efforts in Belmont, California on February 26th.

Titled, "Citizen Whistleblowers: Taking Action When No One Else Will," Balfour will talk about her investigative and advocacy work to get authorities to investigate Ayres after she happened to cross paths with one of his victims by sheer chance.

This presentation will be very helpful for men and women who have been molested but have not yet broken their silence and reported it to authorities. Balfour, herself a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, will talk about why it's important for victims to come forward.

See classified section here for more details of the talk, which is free to all.

#274729 - 02/10/09 03:46 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
This makes me enraged mad

Here is a great video and the guy sounds like he knows exactly what he is talking about!!! It also explains a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBv2LPNCaGY&NR=1

I feel like borrowing my friends Remington 700 and getting a Gillie suit, but that would be suicide for me and hurt my family too. I am not going to do that but I do feel like it sometimes. Besides, there is already over 50 people on that list, about 10 of them being from my own past.

-Blade Runner

#281614 - 03/31/09 08:08 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Victoria Balfour, the journalist who made the first whistle-blowing call to the police about Dr Ayres, and spent five years working to expose him as a child predator, will be discussing her work on the case tonight on a radio blogspot show, "Justice Interrupted." Callers welcome.

Details about how to tune in are here. Show starts at 8:25 pm March 31, California time.

http://www.justiceinterrupted.blogspot.com/

#282307 - 04/05/09 09:26 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Letter from parents of victims of Dr. Ayres to San Francisco Examiner:

Let healing process begin"
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. It seems appropriate to remind the community that it was two long years ago, in April 2007, that William Hamilton Ayres, a formerly licensed child psychiatrist, was arrested and charged with molesting male children sent to him for therapy.
He has been out on bail, living in the community, since that time. His attorney, Doren Weinberg, of the Phil Spector trial, has repeatedly delayed Ayres’ criminal trial.
It is known that it takes great courage for male victims of child sexual abuse to speak out. To date, there have been at least 40 men who have reported abuse by Ayres. It is also known that the effects on victims last a lifetime, and delaying the trial this long means the men cannot even begin to heal.

– Carol Abrams (Millbrae) and Barbara Ross (San Mateo), Mothers of Victims

Letter published April 3, 2009: http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/le...?date=04032009

#285098 - 04/23/09 04:14 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Dr. Ayres trial is now set for June 1, 2009. His lawyer got a three week continuance because Phil Spector, his other client will be sentenced May 29.

#285114 - 04/23/09 07:12 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

At the hearing today,"Dr." Ayres showed up with a brand new walker, though his victims aren't buying that he really needs it. They think it's a sympathy ploy.

#285345 - 04/25/09 06:24 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

The victims of Dr. Ayres liked this story that pokes fun at his lawyer Doron Weinberg, who also represented music producer Phil Spector:

From San Mateo County Times: http://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_12222234

The Insider: Dr. Ayres gets three-week trial delay
BAY AREA NEWS GROUP
Posted: 04/24/2009 06:34:34 PM PDT
Updated: 04/24/2009 07:29:15 PM PDT

EVERYONE'S favorite child psychiatrist, Dr. William Ayres, has been granted a three-week delay to the start of his trial because of his attorney's busy schedule.

Doron Weinberg, who represented music producer Phil Spector in his recent murder trial, told a San Mateo County Superior Court judge this week that he'd originally expected Spector's trial to wrap up in mid-February. Instead, a verdict wasn't returned until April 13, and Spector is scheduled to be sentenced May 29.

County prosecutors objected to the request for the delay, saying they had already scheduled witnesses to testify in the trial, which had been set to begin May 11.

One of Ayres' accusers, who showed up in court, said he was "pretty upset," given the many delays to the start of the trial.

"I think its going to go away without a trial," he said. "They are going to delay it until he's dead."

Well, the good news for those who want to see Ayres put away — after being linked to sexual abuse of multiple children — is that Weinberg may be the first lawyer in recent history to fail to get an acquittal for a famous client who's been accused of a heinous crime in a Southern California.

O.J. walked, and so did Michael Jackson. Even Robert Blake beat his murder solicitation rap.

So the fact that a jury found Spector guilty of second-degree murder means one of three things:

# Phil Spector was too wacky for
a Los Angeles jury, which is no easy feat.

# Spector was not famous enough to impress a Los Angeles jury.

# Doron Weinberg isn't the best defense attorney in the world.

For those who want to see Ayres behind bars, option No. 3 has to be encouraging.

Page 6 of 39 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.