Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#213405 - 03/27/08 12:19 AM Happy Travels WoR Participants!
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
To all the guys who are going to this weekend's "Weekend of Recovery"... Wishing you all the best in your travel arrangements and of course, your healing at the weekend.

I truly hope it is as life-altering for you as it was for me last fall!

Looking forward to reading your posts upon your return,
~Brian

#213407 - 03/27/08 12:28 AM Re: Happy Travels WoR Participants! [Re: frost]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'll 2nd that!!! Heal Heal and Heal some more!!!

Be safe, and you all will be in my thoughts!!!

#213475 - 03/27/08 12:35 PM Re: Happy Travels WoR Participants! [Re: JustScott]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Thanks guys,

I hope it will worth all the stress and anxiety I have been feeling the past few days.

Gee, how is this site going to get along without us? HAHA

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#213525 - 03/27/08 03:48 PM Re: Happy Travels WoR Participants! [Re: KENKEN]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Have a safe journey guys! I wish I was able to join you this weekend. With any luck, I will be able to attend the weekend in Georgia.

Dan

#213596 - 03/27/08 08:56 PM Re: Happy Travels WoR Participants! [Re: DanM]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

All my best to you as you begin this special weekend. Take lots of love with you and rest assured you'll bring home with you more than you took. It'll be well worth your time and trouble to get there.

Lots of love,

John

#213864 - 03/29/08 12:37 AM Re: Happy Travels WoR Participants! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Rusty2008 Offline
New Here

Brian & Ken,
Any tips on how you got the courage to attend a weekend? I printed out the letter to give my therapist and I almost puked. Part of me wants to make Georgia so bad that I'll hitchhike if I have to, and part of me can barely keep from crying long enough to write this.

I just erased a long rant that my scard inner child wanted to say. Short version = I'm very scared. Very.

#213868 - 03/29/08 12:49 AM Re: Happy Travels WoR Participants! [Re: Rusty2008]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Rusty,

First of all, it's totally understandable to be scared. The entire concept of a weekend is a frightening thought. For me, much of it came from the realization that I was worth healing and worth salvaging. Took me a long, long time to get to that space but... I'll say it to you now -- you are WORTH healing and WORTH salvaging!

Also my wife, upon hearing the slightest mention of me thinking of actually going to a Weekend of Recovery basically told me the cost didn't matter and that I should go. That also helped when it came to signing up.

One suggestion I have for you is, rather than listen to the part of you that makes you want to get to Georgia so bad... Listen to the part of you that is so scared. Validate that fear and hear it out. Mash it out with your therapist if you need to. Figure out what the reason is _underneath_ that fear... Maybe if yer inner child feels like its partly his decision, he'll be less fearful \:\)

I can assure you that if you get yourself to a WoR, the chances are extremely small that you'll regret it.

Any more questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask in this thread.... and THANK YOU for voicing your fears! That in itself is a big step!

~Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.