Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (aniceguy, sorryson, sentry), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443356 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#212930 - 03/25/08 09:46 AM Teen Coordinator
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

Please join with us in welcoming Theatrekid (Christopher) as our first ever Teen Coordinator (TC) on the MaleSurvivor site.

In our ongoing effort to reach out to and support teen survivors we felt that it would be useful if the guys had one of their own who could be their spokesperson and "go to" guy on the site. We have discussed this with Christopher and we are grateful to him for agreeing to take on this challenging position.

The job of the TC covers the following:

1) He is an official greeter of new teens, a "go to" guy. This will be a real plus for us. So often a teenager comes here, registers, posts a few times and hangs in chat, but then freaks and leaves, unable to get started in dealing with his issues. But if he has a guy his own age who greets him and talks to him right from the start, that might be a decisive influence in his decision to stay.

2) He is a resource when teens have a problem and feel too embarrassed to talk to a moderator. The TC's task is not to solve the problem; that should be referred on to a moderator. But the TC can assure the guy that he's not alone and that if he talks to a moderator he won't be judged, blamed or laughed at.

3) The TC is a trusted guy to report to when teens have a problem directly concerning the site. This includes not only issues concerning other users, but also complaints or grievances about site management.

4) The TC can approve posts into the Teen Forum.

5) The TC will hopefully be a source of ideas and suggestions to us as we try to manage the Teen Forum. We are acutely aware that we aren't teenagers anymore!

Please bear in mind that Christopher is not a moderator. The TC is not a "junior mod" and he doesn't have access to the ModForum. This new position has its own rules and guidelines and operates separately from the position of moderator.

Please also bear in mind that like the Teen Forum itself, the TC position is a total innovation - there is nothing like it anywhere on the Internet. We may have to tweak this as we go along, and Christopher is going to be an important source of ideas and feedback for us. He has our support and confidence; please also lend him yours.

Larry, aka roadrunner,
For the ModTeam

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#212939 - 03/25/08 10:00 AM Re: Teen Coordinator [Re: roadrunner]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Way to go, Christopher!!!

#212947 - 03/25/08 10:14 AM Re: Teen Coordinator [Re: MemoryVault]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
well done christopher!
good luck in your new position of Teen Coordinator, i think your the right guy for the job, i think you bring a lot of good advice and sense to this board

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#212948 - 03/25/08 10:15 AM Re: Teen Coordinator [Re: MemoryVault]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
the REAL question is, what color is hsi emoticon in chat? does he get a special letter?

#212988 - 03/25/08 01:16 PM Re: Teen Coordinator [Re: Jarrad]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I've only interacted with Christopher briefly, but I know he'll do an excellent job!

#213016 - 03/25/08 03:32 PM Re: Teen Coordinator [Re: VLinvictus]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Congrats, Christopher.

I am sure you will do a very valuable work for us all.

Take care.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#213176 - 03/26/08 09:25 AM Re: Teen Coordinator [Re: Jarrad]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Jarrad
the REAL question is, what color is hsi emoticon in chat? does he get a special letter?

Oh...give the guy a full badge! He's gonna do a SUPER job.

Congratulations Christopher!!! You are perfect for this job!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#213309 - 03/26/08 05:46 PM Re: Teen Coordinator [Re: Still]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Congratulations on your new position Christopher! I'm sure you will do a great job!!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.