Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441339 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#214048 - 03/29/08 07:34 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: GateKPR4]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: GateKPR4
Nice misplaced child hood avatar Robbie

Thanks...I lifted it myself.

Still's Globs

New Video

#214049 - 03/29/08 07:42 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: Still]
JustJeff Offline

Lol. So who is the kid who face is on that famous album? He looks really really familiar, i just can't place it.

#214052 - 03/29/08 08:01 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: JustJeff]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sorry we are WAY off the topic of the thread...but since I started it...I'll take license to mutate it:

From an album cover site: "The cover mixes a few disparate elements such as rainbows, a jester, puzzles and a stern looking child. The child worries me a small bit."

Still's Globs

New Video

#214099 - 03/30/08 12:44 AM Re: Site Policy [Re: Still]
JustJeff Offline

Ok. But that still didn't answer my question.

#214128 - 03/30/08 09:56 AM Re: Site Policy [Re: JustJeff]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Probly just some nameless kid in the UK hired to stand like he was holding a bird (magpie) and look pissed-off at the world.

Still's Globs

New Video

#214131 - 03/30/08 10:14 AM Re: Site Policy [Re: Still]
JustJeff Offline

K.

#217842 - 04/13/08 04:37 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: JustJeff]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I am kind of piecing things together here, and may be missing a piece or two, so if I am wrong about any of this, please correct me. I don't like being critical at all of a site that I have got so much out of the past three months or so, but it seems to me as if a glaring problem is taking shape in what I have read on this so far.

Until I read this thread just now I was unaware that this same problem had occurred before. Well, so it did, and apparently a policy was put in place...which raises the question of why it happened again.

I'm taking another case as a clue here...the case of adult avatars which has no relation to this one other than the fact that it was a policy which got lost somehow and then was recently resurrected after folks like me had already been unknowingly violating it.

Is this same problem of not having the site policies (all of them) clearly stated in place on the site where they are not just easy to find but hard to miss? I completely agree with usmc that an important one like the one regarding how abuser/victims are to use the forum should be a front page item, or at least be something not easily over looked, wherever it appears.

In looking through the list of alternative resources for abuser/victims, I noticed that there is no discussion board for abuser/victims, and that is sad. Something like that could be a huge help for everyone, but I being in early stages of recovery from my most recent assault can only wish someone else could do it. Never the less, I can clearly see the need for a policy on this site to protect all concerned from what has happened twice now.

It would be wonderful if we who are just survivors could all be at such a stage where we could forgive and welcome abuser/victims into our community here, but that just isn't realistic. I may be out of line here because of not knowing all the facts, but it just seems like this is something that could happen yet a third time unless something is changed.

I have read enough of usmc's posts to know that what he has been through makes my own abuse experiences look like a walk in the park and I can completely understand his reaction to his inadvertently stumbling on to a confession.

Is something going to change, or is this going to be a recurring problem due to important site policies being viewed as something to bring up as needed rather than something to put forth for all to see at all times?

#217858 - 04/13/08 06:16 PM . [Re: blueshift]
JustJeff Offline

#217859 - 04/13/08 06:16 PM Re: Site Policy [Re: blueshift]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Originally Posted By: blueshift
In looking through the list of alternative resources for abuser/victims, I noticed that there is no discussion board for abuser/victims, and that is sad.

There is a place for abuser/victims here -- it's called the "At Risk" forum. Of course you have to be a paid member to get to it, and even then it's invisible to only those accepted by Ken Singer. How new abuser/victims are supposed to know about it other than word of mouth is beyond me.

Will it take fights to let every new one hear about it? What about just a locked forum, unlocked just for said forum's members? Are we that fragile we couldn't handle that compromise?

EDIT: Nevermind, Jeff beat me to it. But I'll leave it for the other relevant info.

Edited by AndyJB2005 (04/13/08 06:26 PM)

#217862 - 04/13/08 06:21 PM . [Re: AndyJB2005]
JustJeff Offline

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.