Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443328 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#213124 - 03/26/08 12:14 AM PTSD / FAMILY / REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
Why does it have to be so fuckin complicated when it comes to PTSD and trying to explain to family who have no fuckin clue as to why / how it effects others yet they have no idea or even care why you're acting out only that they wish you'd just "STOP" being an %@!%!## or whats his problem.

flipping out
giving someone a toungue lashing over something they think is trivial yet triggering to you.

I am so sick of being a fake in that the family i belong to continues to debate and argue a dead issue and a non-factor....ptsd is in no way anything anyone can explain well enough for those who are not diagnosed with yet simply think i need to move on....

the last time i voiced how i felt i was attacked by other people on here....my intent is to get some feedback ...if you're going to climb all over my case agasin keep your comments to yourself.

I am winning at a losing battle.....trying to get my family to belive me when i have proven over and over and over again that i have no control over what triggers me or what does not....isn't that the reason they're called triggers because you never see or expect them coming.

I cannot just move on i need to realize( and i have have ) my family who i have drastically effected through the years is not going to ever accept my condition otherwise they weould have by now.

I have nothing to prove to anyone....yet i find myself looking for and expecting to be believed ....why i do this i may never know.but it hurts alot sometimes.

Coop

#213132 - 03/26/08 12:47 AM Re: PTSD / FAMILY / REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND [Re: thecoopstah]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
PTSD IS SOMETHING THAT EFFECTS PEOPLE IN DIFFRENT WAYS. TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS NEAVER EXPERENCED A PANIC ATTACK IS A WASTE OF TIME. IT IS LIKE TRYING TO EXPLAINE THE COLOR ORANGE TO A BLIND PERSON. UNLESS THEY HAVE EXPERENCED IT THEY CAN NOT UNDERSTAND IT . PLEASE TRY AND BE PATENT WITH THERE IGNORANCE. TELL THEM THAT THEY SHOULD THANK GOD THAT THEY HAVE NOT HAD THE SAME EXPERENCES IN LIFE THAT YOU HAVE. BECAUSE LIVEING WITH PTSD IS LIKE LIVEING IN YOUR OWN PERSONAL HELL

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#213165 - 03/26/08 08:40 AM Re: PTSD / FAMILY / REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND [Re: OKIE MIKE]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I hear to that! someday we will get out alive.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.