Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (Scott1962, 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12386 Members
74 Forums
63655 Topics
444549 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#212723 - 03/24/08 03:59 PM Wayward Emotions
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
Today is just a crazy day for me. I don't know why. For some reason i have found myself fighting back tears at 3 different points. Twice while listening to music in the car while running errands. Once, and this is really ridiculous and so not like, when i was watching a vid on wwe.com showing when Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth got back together after she saved him from getting beatdown. I feel so ridiculous. Why the heck would a grown man (a very masculine man i might add) get all teary eyed over a stupid fake staged wrestling moment? What is going on with me?

Am i the only one going through this?

#212724 - 03/24/08 04:10 PM Re: Wayward Emotions [Re: HurtinginMD]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Nope, you're not alone. I find myself tearing up all the time. At times when it doesn't make sense or it just doesn't seem to fit. I think on some level, in regards to the wrestling moment, you're experiencing the feelings of loss of relationships that have been message up due to abuse and that scene, although staged, brings out those feelings in you, which like many of us, hurts so deeply we can't help by tear up.

At least I know that's how it is for me allot. My T tells me to really focus on what I'm feeling at different times, and if I'm in one of those moments and take the time to focus and try to figure out what I'm feeling, I can find the root cause, and sometimes it really has nothing to do with what I'm watching or reading or listening to, but somewhere it connects to those deep seeded feelings.

Don't be afraid to being to open up and feel. It hurts and there will be times you'll want to run away screaming and wishing you'd never started down the road of dealing with things, but believe me, I've only been at this two months or so, and it's already been well well worth it!!!

#212725 - 03/24/08 04:25 PM Re: Wayward Emotions [Re: JustScott]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
DB,

You definitely are not alone. I sometimes get triggered at the craziest things or thoughts. I use to try and hide those feelings from my mind and tears from my face. I have discovered as Scott said to feel those feelings and they will tell you so much about yourself. They are apart of your healing. At least they are to me.

I try to tell myself that after the hurt and sadness goes away, I alwasy seem to feel so much better. There is joy behind those emotions and tears.

Thanks for a great topic.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.