Newest Members
matthewdavid, M.L., SammyJG, Rod2112, Mark71
12886 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Camber (28), Jonathan64 (35), Peterwest (69)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12886 Members
75 Forums
66692 Topics
466000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#216471 - 04/08/08 10:01 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Jarrad]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
Loc: Denver, CO
I've run across stuff on PBS that's wrong for kids to be filmed in.

Money talks, but all it tells me is goodbye.

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#216514 - 04/08/08 12:27 PM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Jarrad]
Jordan Offline
New Here

Loc: Kenosha, WI
I agree, definitely.

I would be lying to say that the entire scene in Hard Candy where he is tied to the table, I was somewhat envious that I wasn't Ellen Page. I think that's why I can't really watch these movies. I'm not entirely sure what some of my triggers are and I definitely am still working on how to deal with myself when it comes up.

I find consolation a lot more in music, movies are just always too real for me.

I usually avoid all of these movies when I go to Blockbuster and pick up indies like the big nerd I am, maybe I need to sit one out and think about it after. Any suggestions for one not so intense to start out with?

It's getting hard to be someone, but it all works out.

#217499 - 04/12/08 01:23 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Jarrad]
Jarrad Offline

Loc: arizona
i just finished watching for a lost soldier. wow. foriegn films can get away with much more graphic scenes. really interesting actually. i think almost that the implied scenes that american films have are much more "triggery" because your mind fills in the blank. but, for a lost soldier is not for those who are affected by watching scenes of abuse. was a good film

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.