Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63358 Topics
443032 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#212493 - 03/23/08 01:34 PM inappropriate scences with kids in films
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Maybe I am over reacting but I was flipping thru the channels and I saw this movie that was on cinemax. Its called "Lets go to Prison" and one of the prisoners becomes pen pals with this second grader and in one scene the child actor playing the 2nd grader reads his letter from the prisoner in class it says

"I dream about lining up the asswipes who run this place and cutting off their dicks. Pardon my fucking french, I guess they win. They've made me into one of them. From one vicious motherfucker to another, good luck with the rest of the 2nd grade

Your pal in the pen,
Nelson
"

Now I wouldn't mind the joke if it was the prisoner reading the letter he's sending to the kid or even a inappropriate letter that the kid is supposedly sending to the prisoner. But should the kid actor who can't be more than 8 really be reading this?

They sexualize and make kids grow up earlier and earlier these days its sad really, kids should be allowed to be kids

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#212530 - 03/23/08 05:00 PM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: onlyakid]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I agree one hundred percent with you Jason. Hollywood and other movie producers are getting more and more kids involved in adult sexual situations and language in these plots and I wonder if they aren't secretly getting jollies from making the kids go throudh this crap. No one but those of us here apparently understand what early sexualization of a child does to it and to their soul. It is tragic and I will not watch a movie that does that. Not only to not support it but because it is to painful for me.

#214109 - 03/30/08 01:44 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Freedom49]
hogan_dawg Offline

I agree one hundred percent too. No explanation needed.

Re: sexualization of children in film and media

Yes the media do it I believe for simple money and it doesn't offend their greed-morality balance beam. A good many of our societies are sick with little depth of feeling for victims of anything, really, except, maybe in Western culture we're sympathetic to people who are defrauded money.

If there were money to be made off sexualizing anything they'd do it. And the argument would start with "It's art" and you know it's totally insincere.

(You know what i find difficult too is when people just do it in everyday talk, like, way too much. It grates on my nerves if it's done too much. It's boring.)

Edited by hogan_dawg (03/30/08 02:09 AM)

#214122 - 03/30/08 09:02 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: hogan_dawg]
JustJeff Offline

I agree 100% percent.

#214240 - 03/30/08 08:31 PM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: JustJeff]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
Yeah there is a lot of stuff out there that is just flat out inappropriate involving kids. I'd trade the Sixth Sense with Haley Joe Osmond for The Sandlot or Little Rascals anyday.

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#214489 - 03/31/08 10:11 PM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: USFbull]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I really can't remember the last movie I saw that really offended me with sexuality.....including one with children. The only one I could really remember was Knocked Up, mainly because I think it portrays what is wrong with society....

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#215538 - 04/05/08 10:36 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: SuperTramp7981]
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
...caution...possible trigger.....

"for a lost soldier" is the worst...scariest of this type of movie.

It's set at the end of WWII. City Netherland children are being sent to live with counrty Netherland because of food shortages. Then the Canadian liberate the town & a boy around 12 comes to idealize a Canadian officer. The scenes & set up of this movie make it look like this was (is?) normal for a boy to develop a sexual relationship with an adult.
It is striking how normalized they make this look. And how was this boy was ever able to "act" this role without being a real victim, is uncertain, at best. Its difficult for me to explain.
I saw it 2 - 3 yrs ago, & it remains the most diturbing movie I have ever watched.
I can't figure out if the producers made this movie to bring attention to what is wrong in their society, or if they were advertising a normal (or excepted) view held in the Netherlands.

If you rent it, be forwarned, its quite direct about what's going on, even with little nudity.

#216378 - 04/07/08 11:58 PM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: blacken]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
***triggers***

This is in fact a very considerable problem in films on CSA themes: Mysterious Skin, L.I.E., For a Lost Soldier (Dutch), Vito and the Others (Italian), and so on. There are graphic scenes in which children of maybe 10-12 are acting out heroin use, giving oral sex to other kids, going to adult prostitutes, and being groomed by pedophiles.

A good example is the two child actors who played the 8-year-old Neil and Brian in Mysterious Skin. When the film came out, neither were old enough to be admitted to see their own work anywhere in the world, and even some years after the film came out.

The argument is often offered that child actors have not seen the whole>
This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#216424 - 04/08/08 04:25 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: roadrunner]
Jordan Offline
New Here

Loc: Kenosha, WI
I feel like art can be just as dangerous as it can be healthy. It's always about expression, but so is murder and so was the Holocaust.

Film and theatre are probably the most dangerous, simply because they become so real for those who are best at them. These children cannot make you cringe nearly as "well" as they do without being completely believable and, at their age, topics of this sort should not be familiar or imaginable.

I honestly have no tolerance for movies like what has been described. Hard Candy with Ellen Page was the end of the line for me with that, and it was done tastefully and with of age actors.

What I really think about is Heath Ledger. Do you think he thought at all that taking the part of the Joker in a Batman movie would kill him? Think about what these kids are experiencing when they don't really have an option and take even more seriously compressing roles.

Jordan

#216467 - 04/08/08 09:49 AM Re: inappropriate scences with kids in films [Re: Jordan]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
jordan, i can see why hard candy sent you over the edge. was pretty intense.

here is my 2 cents tho. people watch them. we all watch them. (otherwise this thread wouldnt be here.) thats why there are all those shows on tv... law and order SVU ect.. the general population is facinated with stories of abuse. any kind of abuse. my theory is that the general population wants to see these kinds of stories to feel better about themselves.

i know for me, i watch them to figure out how i feel about it. like mysterious skin is really important. i identify with neil so much, that i have seen that movie many time, and read the book because im interested in drawing paralells, learning how to deal, and examaing my feelings on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.