I just watched this movie - and it blew me away.

Cognitive science is something I have been fascinated with on a personal level since I awoke one morning with amnesia which erased my eposidic memory . I had to understand where and why my memories left me.

I had a near death experience in 1988 and that theme intriqued me to futhur explore the study of consciousness, unconsciousness, a "subconscious," and a collective consciousness. From that experience - I often stated that we were own worst enemies - through the perception of the world through or own egos.

Or - in simple words - we are controlled and manipulated by own own thought patterns.

I felt the theme of this movie explored that concept in a very entertaining way. It is a "shoot em up movie" about a mob boss and one his 'ex-gansters.' It does not deal with the theme of CSA directly - but I felt it dealt with the inner battle all of us face with "trapped fellings" and thoughts that keep us stuck in one frame of mind - controlled by our own fears.

The ego is often associated with mind and the sense of time, which compulsively thinks in order to be assured of its future existence, rather than simply knowing its own self and the present.

I felt it was a parallel to the inner battle we face in our road to recovery from the victimization in childhood.

Sincerely,
DKing

Bittersweet Symphony