Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, blockade, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62514 Topics
438101 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#212213 - 03/21/08 10:53 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: awakening]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
childhood-
My father. I loved when he would pick me up from a relatives house after I would spend a week or more there when he was on a cruise. He'd always pick me up and put his cool officer's hat on me, that would always be way to big and would slide off or cover my eyes.
Samwise Gamgee-From Lord of The Rings \:\)
Frodo Baggins-From Lord of The Rings \:\)
King Theoden-Again, Lord of The Rings
Stider-Lord of The Rings
David Beckham
later on-
Frodo, Sam, Theoden, Strider-Older, doesn't mean my heroes had to change ;\)
Jose Theodore-Hockey player
Raine Maida-singer
Chris McCandless-He might have been mentally ill or whatever, and opinions vary, but I respect him hugely for being himself
Two actors- Bernard Hill, Karl Urban-I just love their work

And lastly, As I study history more and more, it might sound corny, but I draw inspiration, strength, and faith from great people of our past, who made the world we lived in today, or stood up for something. These include.......

Edward J. Smith-Captain of The Olympic and Titanic
Queen Liliuokalani-Last monarch of the kingdom of Hawai'i
A lot more, historical figures, musicans, actors, teachers, friends, athletes. Anyone whose example or work has helped me forward in my life.......

Edited by SuperTramp7981 (03/21/08 10:54 PM)
'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#212224 - 03/21/08 11:42 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: dking777]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
My math 7 grade math teacher who helped me understand math and made it fun. He always had a great out look and was from Greece.

I had no inspiration for many years. there were no positive people in my life. IF being a drug addict and alcoholic was inspiration that by all means Neil Young, Jimmy Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jim Morison. I kind of figured they were my inspiration especially The Wall which showed me I could be exposed in front of my piers and not have to be ashamed, of fearful about it. That my prison was a lie and the walls could come down. Hendrix, Morrison, Zep, to go against the grain, and not follow the status quo.

The who because the taught me to rise above mt limitations and push the limits and reform my life in a new light.

My mom, even though she had been through a rough marriage to an alcoholic and raising 6 kids, working, and nearly became an alcoholic herself. She rose above the odds and came through. I hope one day I will be able to give as much back as I have received.

As a child the astronauts were all my hero's because I always wanted to be one they were the true hero's to me. To be brave enough to go to the moon and have the courage to do something man had never done leave our planet and go to the moon. What a wondrous yet fear fulled time it must have been, what courage and bravery it took to do this. They were my hero's.

I don't remember any others

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#212232 - 03/22/08 01:19 AM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: GateKPR4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
What a cool idea! Here are my heroes as a kid:

My Dad.
Eddie, my first guitar teacher, who gave me a silver dollar dated to his birth year (1886) when he saw I was hurting.
Miss Bonzo, who encouraged my interest in poetry and told me it was okay to cry when Robert Frost died.
My Scoutmaster, who chased off the abuser and looked after me in Scouts after that.
Superman!
Buddy Holly.
Chuck Berry.
Robert Johnson.
Howling Wolf.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#212275 - 03/22/08 12:45 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: awakening]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
This is really hard for me to even come up with one person who I considered a hero. Growing up with 7 siblings in a small farming community I had very little contact with anyone other than my family. I guess my 2nd oldest sister I was closest too.

Also had a couple teachers I liked alot. I think they liked me. Probably the best friend was my first girlfriend my freshman year. We talked about everything.

Maybe because of this rotton childhood I am so screwed up today. I have a hard time trusting anyone.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#212292 - 03/22/08 02:07 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: KENKEN]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
It's also hard to search in my past for heros, Ken. I don't believe I'm alone in this but I can't think of any heros as a child or a teen! There is really no one special I would ever want to go back to meet! Sorry guys!

Howard

#212294 - 03/22/08 02:22 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: ScottyTodd]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by SEVEN ARROWS (03/23/08 02:07 AM)

#212312 - 03/22/08 03:46 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

My heros as a child always was my parents (and my grandfather). That is the way I think it should always be, and I am very sorry for all the children who have parents who are not worthy of that.

Andrei

#212345 - 03/22/08 08:04 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: ScottyTodd]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: ScottyTodd
It's also hard to search in my past for heros, Ken. I don't believe I'm alone in this but I can't think of any heros as a child or a teen! There is really no one special I would ever want to go back to meet! Sorry guys!
Howard

Hi Howard,
I like the quote in your signature.
Quote:
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!.....anon

Your response made me reflect back on my early adult life. There was a void in me toward my first childhood - so I dedicated myself in my years of 18 to 26 to giving myself a happy second childhood. Everyone who met me back then said I was the biggest kid they had ever meet. I always radiated toward friends who had a sense of humor. I loved the sound of laugher during my early adult life. When I stumbled onto a good friend back then - I would always tell them,

"I want to be just like you when I grow up."

I felt like there was a part of me that still hadn't "grown up."

With that in mind - do you have any one you look up to and admire, that has been an inspiration to you in your second phase of nuturing the inner child during your adult years?

Sincerely,
DKing

Bittersweet Symphony

#212353 - 03/22/08 08:23 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: KENKEN]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: KENKEN
This is really hard for me to even come up with one person who I considered a hero. Growing up with 7 siblings in a small farming community I had very little contact with anyone other than my family. I guess my 2nd oldest sister I was closest too.

Also had a couple teachers I liked alot. I think they liked me. Probably the best friend was my first girlfriend my freshman year. We talked about everything.

Maybe because of this rotton childhood I am so screwed up today. I have a hard time trusting anyone.

Ken

Hi Ken,
You response gave me pause to reflect on a time in my childhood when my family moved us to an isolated rural area. It was in the country and we lived next to a small horse ranch. During that time - I had a dog. The first time in my life I had a dog. I was dealing with a lot of isolation issues. I felt my family was alienating me. Part of the reason for the move - was because things I said to a school nurse had prompted an investigation from CPS. My family was on the lamb - and I was feeling the sting from the wrath of everyone. The attitude projected toward me during those two years was - when was I ever going to learn to keep my mouth shut. It was the fifth move in three years because I had been trying to talk to officals about the abuse.

I devolped a pysche bond with that dog. She was very protective of me during that time. I felt that pet of mine - taught me more about love - than my own family was doing during that time. It was strange to my young mind - that an animal had more compassion toward me - and guided me on a path of understanding better than any human had done in my past. Humans were not doing a great job of setting a postive example for me during those 2 years. My family was divided on the issue. Three knew I was telling the truth and trying to expose the "dark secret." Two thought maybe I was making it up to make trouble to get even with my Mom for some sort a resentment I harbored toward her for the past. It seemed as everyone in the family resented me during those two years.

So for two years - my dog was my hero.

Growing up on a farm - did you have any pets that helped you cope with the issues of growing up? The love and devotion a pet has toward us during moments of crisis. I felt that bond of love had a great healing power during that young time in my life.

Sincerely,
DKing

Bittersweet Symphony

#212391 - 03/22/08 11:19 PM Re: Hero's in Childhood? [Re: ak]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: ak
My heros as a child always was my parents (and my grandfather). That is the way I think it should always be, and I am very sorry for all the children who have parents who are not worthy of that.

Andrei

I agree. I really do feel for those without parents worthy of being a hero to you, I have no idea how I would be able to have done/do it without my parents, particularly my father. I'll just say I doubt I would be in a house, with access to a computer right now, I would probably either have died, or be a homeless tramp somewhere.

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.