Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
7 registered (lapchinj, VASurvivor, aniceguy, focusedbody, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63407 Topics
443322 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#212135 - 03/21/08 02:49 PM .
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 04:21 PM)

#212143 - 03/21/08 03:32 PM Re: views on life and a simple thank you [Re: bardo213]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Lynchmob I for one am so glad you found us. I am glad that you like most of us are gaining benefit from this site and the rich resources it offers. Just knowning I was not alone. Just being reassured that it was not my fault this happened to me has been a huge help in my recovery not to mention everything else I have learned.
The fact that your getting so much out of it too is hearwarming and that your able to reach out to others is very encouraging too. Thank you for your post and for my part your welcome.

#212187 - 03/21/08 09:08 PM Re: views on life and a simple thank you [Re: Freedom49]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

lynch,

I think I got the gist of what you were saying here. I have for a long time felt that life itself has enough of its own inherent difficulties (life questions, death, things that go wrong for no fault of anyones) that it makes no sense that humans then go ahead and pile on so much additional hurt and misery onto others that serves no purpose. Yet it happens. There is something about people that often they are incapable of taking personal responsibility for their own existence, and instead they dump all their garbage onto others in many different ways. That said, once one becomes aware of this, they can choose to not do this to others, and also they can more easily learn to defend against these actions of others when they see it is happening to them. If you look at a lot of what makes up our culture these days, you will see a fair amount of shallowness that reflects this type of behavior. Maybe I am getting on a rant here, so I will just say that for me I have to learn not to buy into it and to try and reach out and connect with the type of people that I like and are more positive and who hold themselves to a higher level. I actually think a lot of this stuff comes from a lack of communication, or at least a lack of any genuine communication, if that makes sense? Okay, enough ranting on my part.

Glad things are going well for you.

Eric

#212704 - 03/24/08 01:42 PM . [Re: ericc]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 04:21 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.