Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#212007 - 03/20/08 11:35 PM Can anyone relate to this?
Insatanity Offline
New Here

I tried the chat on this site and it seems to be the wrong approach so i figured i would start with a post. For over 2 years now I have been feeling out of it, dreamy state with anxiety and panic. I am seeing a Phychologist now, however I am just looking for 1 person who has had this simular feeling and got over it . . . I am not concerend if they have had the same past as me, I just want to know that someone has had this same thing. I am so exhausted of feeling like this and every night and morning is harder than the last it seems recently, I am truly losing hope that I will come out of this. I have had MRI's done blood work, everything I can think of. Now I am here due to my past an the connection that everybody is telling me is the cause. I am not looking for free theoropy, I dont want a Theoropist reply, I want to talk to someone that has felt this and completely recovered or has drastically recovered from this. I am not a drug addict, i dont drink anymore, this is all very confusing and frightining for me, it is tough when you cant connect with anyone, i hope this does not get anyone down or scare anyone else, but I have no idea what else to do other than run to the street corner and yell all this out till someone replies . . . (the best way I can describe this feeling is the feeling you get after a major car accident - completely detached from what is going on - although there are many other feelings, or lack there of, I am truly most concerned with this one). Please only reply to this if you can relate specifically. thank you in advance for anyone who replies i will check everyday

#212023 - 03/21/08 12:15 AM Re: Can anyone relate to this? [Re: Insatanity]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
insatanity,
I went through a similar feeling in High School. I had had an accident and was recovering from a concussion. My dad was still doing things with me and I think I was trying to detach from the feelings I was having that I didn't like. It was uncomfortable dealing with the head injury (not serious) and my dads sexual advanced and I went all dreamy like. It was like I was not quite there in the moment but yeah I still kinda felt anxious and fearful but not sure why at the time. I just never connected the two till years later. I did get over it by throwing my self into a hobby and retreating from it all. I slowly came out of it and got back to "normal". Which for me was not good but oh well. I hope it passes for you too. Since your here I and asking I would ask you if you have been abused recently and are in denial or are not sure if you want to call it abuse. Just a thought since mine obviously did.

#212119 - 03/21/08 12:25 PM Re: Can anyone relate to this? [Re: Insatanity]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
It sounds to me as though you are experiencing dissociation.

I don't really know a lot about you or your symptoms except what you have said. However, the fact that you are on this site with this interest would tend to imply that it is dissociation.

A lot of us have experienced it. I have experienced it a whole lot. It is getting much, much better for me now. But remember that if it is dissociation, it is a defense mechanism that your body has put up for some reason(s). When the fog clears you will feel the pain. You will need support. The antidote is to learn more about it and how and why it affects you.

It could be that your therapist doesn't know you well enough yet to make a diagnosis.

There are some good books about this. I am reading one that I can recommend.

First though, your symptoms are described rather abstractly and that makes it harder to pin it down.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.